Just wanted to say thanks, Mae!

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: Just wanted to say thanks, Mae!

Post by Rorschach » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 am

No need to apologise on that score, Tammy. This board was, is, and will long continue to be a place where people unburden themselves.
We used to have a journals forum that was just chock-full of that very thing. I cringe when I think of some of the poems I put up there.

I've always misunderstood 'misery loves company' I think. I'm not sure it's as vindictive as I always believed. I don't think misery tries to spread itself. I think misery just likes knowing it's not alone.

Or we can talk about sticking it in her pooper. We also do that. We're a lot of things to different people.
To Let

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 am

He's right. We have always been a group that supports each other in the good times, and the bad.
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Congratulations and sympathy, Tammy. You're welcome to share what you're comfortable with, and keep close what you're not. We have also created a new place for those in transition to talk privately (I just posted the sticky on it) if there are things you want to share just not totally in public. Say what you need to say, do what you need to do.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:34 am

TammyJess wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:18 am
Time rolls forward and I have a sadness tinged positivity, with SouthPacific's HappyTalk playing in my head.
I find myself both happy and sad for you. I'm sad that the relationship couldn't survive you being you - but happy that you're able to be you. At the end of the day that has to be better than living a lie... but I suppose that's easier for me to say.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

TammyJess
Crazy Person

Post by TammyJess » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:12 am

If I seem to have gone quiet, I have—but it's okay, there's just nothing new to report, nothing momentous to share.
Well, silly stuff... online shopping as Jessi, setting up a support group of girl friends in the online game I have spent many hours in over the last two+ years, there at least I was female from day-one.. not out, just female, and passing. Raging at the inequity of PayPal demanding 'Legal Name' etc, it's jarring to see "Jeremy" when you identify as "Jess" or "Jessi".
But, really, nothing warranting sharing on its own.
The journey continues, with a theme song: "... If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true? ..."
... tentative steps towards a real life ...
searching for the seeds to a tree that should have been planted a lifetime ago

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:53 am

From what I hear getting PayPal to change your name is a special hell, one of those things you do after solving the easy stuff like world hunger.