WoW Classic

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

WoW Classic

Post by NorthernComfort » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:38 am

So, once more unto the breach. Who is kissing their life goodbye for that classic goodness?
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Re: WoW Classic

Post by raptor9k » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm

I've thought about it but don't particularly remember vanilla game play all that fondly. The nostalgia for me comes from quality game time with close friends who have mostly drifted apart. I was in college when WoW came out and there were 5 or 6 of us that hung out all day, then met up in SWG/CoH/WoW after classes. I've played off and on this entire time, sometimes quitting for a year or two. Most recently I re-upped for BfA and stuck with it for several months, but it's never enough to keep me playing.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:10 pm

I was thinking about it, but I just don't have the time for the grind anymore, or the desire. I played on a private server a few years back, and while it was fun to experience the nostalgia, after two or three weeks I got bored and quit.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:09 pm

I ended up rolling a human mage on Ashkandi out of curiosity. In the couple hours it took to get to level 7, Vanilla is just as shitty as I remembered. Endless walking followed by quick fights with lots of drinking between. I don't see the allure.

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:19 pm

I have some old friends coming back so the social aspect is on point. LOTS of fun so far- playing Alliance when I always played Horde. It's fun to try out some new quest lines, and enjoy the feeling of everybody just starting out. Taking it nice and slow, the game will wait for my pace.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:50 pm

The problem I always had was friends being more dedicated and leaving me behind. Sometimes they’d come hang out and help keep me safe(er) when I went after quests a little too high for my own good, or throw used equipment upgrades my way, or on occasion running an alt at my level. Both Alliance and Horde. But I always felt like I was holding them back or dragging them down. After a couple of months I eventually fizzled out and only went back later once, and only for 2 or 3 weeks. Happens with any MMO.

I enjoyed City of Heroes and really loved it when after a few different characters I got a fire controller up to where I could deploy my fire imps and finally kick ass after enduring the grind of a weakling controller. Only to have them nerf the imps, and that was about it for me.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:51 pm

I tried to get into it, but my spare time is being taken up with City of Heroes Homecoming. Maybe if I burn out on CoH then I may give Classic a try again.
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:44 pm

The completionist in me enjoys WoW Retail for solo exploring all of the old content I skipped after I stopped raiding. Collecting mounts and stuff like that. I burn out on it every few months and take a month or 2 off. Sadly it's hard for me to get into video games these days. I enjoyed the crap out of Far Cry 5 but never finished it after I cleared all 3 regions because there didn't seem to be a point. I also tried Destiny 2 and The Division 2 but after a few levels it's just too much repetition. Having people to play with makes all the difference but 90% of my gaming time is my lunch hour.