Confessions: It's less personal than last time

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: Confessions: It's less personal than last time

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks I needed that laugh this morning :).
~Insert clever bon mot here~

The Cid
Crazy Person

Post by The Cid » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Confession: My favorite character in Westworld was the player piano.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Confession: Battle for Azeroth got me...As usual I've re-upped WoW again for the expansion. If history repeats itself I'll play for 5 or 6 months, then quit until the next one. So far it's been fairly entertaining and more than a touch nostalgic. Hard to believe I've been playing the same game off an on for almost 14 years.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:46 pm

raptor9k wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:35 pm
Confession: Battle for Azeroth got me...As usual I've re-upped WoW again for the expansion. If history repeats itself I'll play for 5 or 6 months, then quit until the next one. So far it's been fairly entertaining and more than a touch nostalgic. Hard to believe I've been playing the same game off an on for almost 14 years.
I have been playing on the free vanilla server (https://elysium-project.org/) for the past 6-7 months. I have enjoyed a lot of the old school stuff. They are slowly progressing through the patches and I think plan on doing TBC in the fall. I don't have a ton of time to play so I couldn't quite justify dusting off my old pay account.

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:23 pm

raptor9k wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:35 pm
I wonder how this went.

Confession: Battle for Azeroth drove me to Final Fantasy XIV in January and now I wish I'd made the switch years ago. It's everything I ever wanted in WoW, but better.
Inflammatory signatures hurt us all...

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:57 pm

I think I played for 4 or 5 months, then cancelled. When classic launched I subscribed for a month to remember the hell that was Vanilla. I got to level 10 or so and stopped playing classic in favor of BfA, solo'ing old raid content I'd never seen and completing achievements. That lasted a couple of months and I got bored with it. I've been playing through my steam backlog like Farcry 4/5, the Metro games, Doom. Mostly shooters.

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Still playing Classic, raiding with some friends. Not starting any alts which should help prevent burnout. So instead I'm perfecting my warrior, tanking MC/Ony, getting some early PVP going, loading up on epic loot. Battlegrounds next week should be a lot of fun.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Confession: I'm not going to make a big "coming out" post, because that's not my style, but I do want to gush about boobs for a minute.

Monday marks five months on testosterone blocker, and four months on estrogen, and my doctor says I'm ahead of the curve (lol) as far as boobs go, and after all this time I finally understand. They're a nuisance (seriously, whisking eggs without a bra is uncomfortable now?), and they're amazing, and since they've started to kick in before almost any other changes (major changes usually "start" at 3 months, and I was already wearing a sports bra, tank top, t-shirt, button up shirt, and thick cardigan at work to hide them), I'm hoping in a year I'll be absolutely stacked.

And if not, well... still got legs for daaaaays.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 am

Wow that is a true confession post. I clearly did not get the memo that this was on your horizon so I was very surprised. Good luck to you and enjoy the forthcoming boob sweat :).

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:38 am

Good luck to you, sir—err, ma’am ;) Time for a username change?

It’s a journey a couple people I know have gone through. The commitment is real. I wish you a smooth road!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Timing-wise, I'm both incredibly happy I started when I did (right at the beginning of sweater season), and also disappointed with myself that I didn't do it, say, twenty years earlier.

So, I went on antidepressants to treat anxiety (that had been determined to be the cause of nearly every physical problem and weird habit I've ever had, apparently) and it turns out that I also had a very self-defeating attitude that led me to seeing it as unrealistic daydreaming, and not worth my time even thinking about doing something about.

Turns out that acknowledging and accepting your feelings is an important part of life, and I know we're all old here, but I do hope that any confusingly new people that show up here learn that way earlier than I did.