Latest movies mega-thread

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Latest movies mega-thread

Post by Deacon » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:45 am

Haven't seen it, couldn't say, but I will.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Cyberliger777
Redshirt

Post by Cyberliger777 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:50 am

Just watched it. Good emotional moment, a few repeated jokes that also get old but generally funny. The downside is the heist movie formula is getting really old and this doesn't do anything to make it fun again.

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:08 pm

In my effort to stay several months behind relevant, we just watched Home. Aside from a kinda blase vocal performance by Rhianna, the rest of the movie was quite good, fun, and even kinda emotional. Jim Parsons (Oh) and Steve Martin (Captain Smek) are excellent voice actors. The animation is well worth it (especially facial expressions at one point which were so...human). And Jennifer Lopez actually sings a song that's GOOD. Seriously - I had to go back and verify it was indeed her. It was bewildering.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:02 pm

How/where did you watch it?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 am

I enjoyed Home as well, Jim Parsons has a great voice for animation.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Deacon wrote:How/where did you watch it?
I'd rather not say. The NSA are still watching this forum. :lol:
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm just back from Inside Out and while generally pleased, I'm a teeny bit disappointed that it didn't rock my world considering all the hype.

It was fine, but Pixar have made funnier movies and more tear-jerking ones. And conceptually, I hope the creators of The Numskulls have good lawyers.

The biggest laugh I gave it was at a surprisingly adult joke which noone else in the theatre got. I miss you guys sometimes.
To Let

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Which joke Rors?
I REALLY enjoyed Inside Out. I personally made a dent in the California Drought Crisis while there. That Volcano short? UGH.

My wife is finishing her Thesis for her Masters in Child Development and assures me that many of the bits of the girls brain were actually VERY well researched and pretty accurate to the way modern science understands them.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:53 am

Arres wrote:Which joke Rors?
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
The one about 'bears' in San Francisco.
So I saw Ant-Man on Sunday night and it was a really solid instalment into the Marvel franchise. I thought Paul Rudd was an excellent leading man. And boy, do I need a Marvel trainer. The SFX were great, the balance between comedy and drama was about right and
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
it was a really fun move to have the epic final battle take place in such a small environment

If you are going to see it, and no spoilers, there are two end-credit scenes. One midway through the credits and one after the end.

I know it's become tradition and all, but I wish Marvel would stop doing that and just tack on whatever extra the have to the end of the movie.
To Let

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 am

Jurassic World was, when all's said and done, a decent popcorn flick but it's massive box office really surprised me.

I don't think they did, or even could do, anything new with dinosaurs and I don't see where the franchise can take them next, although obviously as it made ONE! BILLION! DOLLARS! they're going to make more.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:37 pm

I think people were hungry for a fun popcorn movie that wasn't a superhero flick, and in this case it played to a lot of nostalgia. And it was better than the second and third entries in the franchise, which made people like it even more than they might have otherwise. In the same way I think it's likely the new Star Wars movie will be a big hit, as it's likely to be a lot better than the prequels.

Jurassic World set it up so that the stock of embryos and research and such seemed to be rescued off the island. So what's next? Maybe Jurrassic World: Dinosaurs in New York?

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:41 am

Deacon wrote:Jurassic World set it up so that the stock of embryos and research and such seemed to be rescued off the island. So what's next? Maybe Jurrassic World: Dinosaurs in New York?
Some of the dinos from the original have to be getting pretty old by now so maybe Geriatric Jurassic: The Incontinent Years.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:36 pm

:lol:

Jurassic Parkinson's.
To Let

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Bam bam baaadam
Bam bam baaadam
Bam bam baaadam
Bam bam baaadam

Deedeedeee. Deedeedee. Deedeedee. Dahdum.
To Let

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 pm

I haven't seen Black Mass yet, but everybody I know wants to and I'm definitely going to see it this week. If you were considering seeing it, just know that everyone who knows the actual story of Whitey Bulger really wants to see this movie.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.