Hearthstone

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:31 pm

I had the same problem until last week. I would try to play for late game and lost for 3 days straight. Then I changed my strategy to include more response card and minions that works together at low mana cost. Now I am winning 75% of my games.

Edit: Also, I think Blizzard owns my free time now. I am playing Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone when I have free time and I am grinding for Raid in WOW as I wait for an invite to the Overwatch beta.

EvilElf
Crazy Person

Post by EvilElf » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Started playing Hearthstone, due to my lady taking interest in it. Now I can't stop playing it. Need more cards!

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:56 am

While I realise it's somewhat OT, every time I see this thread pop up again, I am compelled to sing 'Hearthstone' to the tune of U2's Heartland.
To Let

Dreamer
Crazy Person

Post by Dreamer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm

This thread does keep popping up. :)

I've managed to get to rank 7 I think at one time. Which made me pretty happy. Iw as playing a midrange hunter and I loved it.

At first I was playign this face hunter. That was working out pretty well. But then people got wise to face huter sand all had some sort of kill for it. Which is 100% understandable.
So I put together this mid-range I heard about.

Got me some realyl good rankings. I won a game against smoe other Hunter and he friended me. That's never a good sign... ha! And this was no different.

First he said "gg" But then he called me a cancer no fewer than 4 times. Said face-hunters take no skill and are no fun.

Then unfriended before I could respond. But I wouldn't have been mean or anything. It's just that I wasn't playing a face hunter. I didn't even have a single card with charge in my deck. So, meh, just a sore loser.

Now I'm trying out a Grim Patron warrior and I'm having my ass handed to me VERY REGULARLY! I've lose, like, 6 ranks in the last two days, I swear. I'm terrible at this deck!

:)

Love this fucking game...
My sig would have contained the secret of life, but I'd already clicked submit.

Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:07 am

I don't know any of the meta so I got almost non of that. I just broke rank 20 with a crap pauper rogue deck.

EvilElf
Crazy Person

Post by EvilElf » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm super excited to have all the basic cards unlocked for all the classes soon. :D Also due to the tavern brawl free pack I got my first Legendary card and it was golden. :D

Dreamer
Crazy Person

Post by Dreamer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Okay, you got a golden legendary.
That's a pretty big deal.
One of the frist packs I opened had a golden Alexstrasza in it.
If you're not going to spend money on this game, dont' be afraid to dust that card. That's 1600 dust right there!

My recommendatino would be to pick a character you like. Check out the metas. What suits your playstyle? That kind of thing. Get the cards you can afford to fit that meta.
In my opinion, the easiest meta right now is face hunter... or maybe the some of the recent druid metas. Check out those two. Druid's always been a solid build. I've never played one, personally. But I go up againste them plenty. And they're solid still.

But my advice is face-hunter. You can put them together on the cheap.

Dreamer
Crazy Person

Post by Dreamer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Okay, you got a golden legendary.
That's a pretty big deal.
One of the frist packs I opened had a golden Alexstrasza in it.
If you're not going to spend money on this game, dont' be afraid to dust that card. That's 1600 dust right there!

My recommendatino would be to pick a character you like. Check out the metas. What suits your playstyle? That kind of thing. Get the cards you can afford to fit that meta.
In my opinion, the easiest meta right now is face hunter... or maybe the some of the recent druid metas. Check out those two. Druid's always been a solid build. I've never played one, personally. But I go up againste them plenty. And they're solid still.

But my advice is face-hunter. You can put them together on the cheap.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:25 am

This thread haunts me. This is the thread at the top of the page every time I read whatever new posts have accumulated during the night. This is the thread that sits, mocking me, at the top of the forums, going "That's all you get, chump".
To Let

Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Post by Cyberliger777 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:47 pm

That is kind of how I feel when I log into Battle.net and see that I still have the game installed.

trompkin
Crazy Person

Post by trompkin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:40 pm

I think that this game is not so intellectual game. But it is quit interesting

ErnestoMar
Crazy Person

Post by ErnestoMar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:02 pm

How do you guys like the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion? I think the dungeon run mode is amazing. I can't get enough of it.