Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
User avatar
gravity
Crazy Person
Posts: 8706
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Japan

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by gravity » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Deacon wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 pm
gravity wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:32 pm
I discover that, currently, only the small sizes of the sweater kit are in stock.
Did you contact them about it? What did they say? Even if they insist they can’t help, can you just order two small kits and go from there? :)
Yeah, I contacted them. Turns out everyone is buying up their inventory for the same reason I chose to order now instead of later: Brexit. It's a small company, so they don't have an enormous inventory, and everyone is putting int their orders now because there's a fear the yarn may be severely delayed or may not get out of the UK at all once Brexit happens. So they've been swamped. The main color of the sweater was swapped to a different one, and it's on its way. But yeah, Brexit is already hitting some smaller companies hard.
Image

User avatar
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm
Real Name: Jennifer
Gender: Female
Location: Hatteras,NC

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 am

Rave: Dark CrystalAge of Resistance is out!
Rave: Carnival Row is out!
Rant: I have to work the next 5 days getting up at 4am most days. My first day off its going to be a binge :).
~Insert clever bon mot here~

User avatar
gravity
Crazy Person
Posts: 8706
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Japan

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by gravity » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Rant: Fuck you Amazon! In Japan Amazon's original series' always air a week later, rather than the same day as the rest of the world. Amazon's excuse is the subtitles/dub take longer to do for the Japanese audience. And yet Netflix manages it without issue.
Image

User avatar
Seir
Crazy Person
Posts: 4942
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Scumbag College.

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Seir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:08 am

Rant: I think my indulgence of spicy foods at age 40 is going to give me some sort of gastrointestinal cancer, ugh.
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

User avatar
raptor9k
Crazy Person
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Arkansas

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by raptor9k » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm

You should be fine unless it's causing GERD. Even then, probably worth it.

User avatar
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:11 am
Real Name: Jarrod Frates
Gender: Male
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Martin Blank » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Until you find out that GERD correlates with a somewhat higher risk of esophageal cancer.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

User avatar
Seir
Crazy Person
Posts: 4942
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Scumbag College.

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Seir » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:37 am

Rave: Sparred for the first time in years with some friends.

Rant: Bruised a rib or two.
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

User avatar
raptor9k
Crazy Person
Posts: 1328
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Arkansas

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by raptor9k » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Martin Blank wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Until you find out that GERD correlates with a somewhat higher risk of esophageal cancer.
Yep. I was having some issues with chest pain last year and went in for an EGD. No ulcers but they found evidence of Barrett's esophagus due to prior GERD issues. It's still a relatively low percentage increase. Only ~10% of GERD sufferers develop Barrett's esophagus and only ~1% of those end up with that particular form of cancer. All my biopsies came back negative but I'm supposed to be on a PPI (recently not covered by insurance) and go back yearly for an EGD. Skipping this year because I changed jobs last year and my Health Savings account took a beating the first half of the year. At some point I'll probably check with my GP about a solution on the PPI but for now I'm just losing weight.

User avatar
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal
Posts: 17662
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:35 am
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:13 pm

Seir wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:37 am
Rave: Sparred for the first time in years with some friends.

Rant: Bruised a rib or two.
Yours or theirs? :lol:
To Let

User avatar
Seir
Crazy Person
Posts: 4942
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:46 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Scumbag College.

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Seir » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:13 pm
Seir wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:37 am
Rave: Sparred for the first time in years with some friends.

Rant: Bruised a rib or two.
Yours or theirs? :lol:

Don't I wish it was theirs instead of mine.

Image
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

User avatar
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal
Posts: 17662
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:35 am
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Well, I think we all won there. <3
To Let

User avatar
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm
Real Name: Jennifer
Gender: Female
Location: Hatteras,NC

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:41 pm

I am not opposed to the direction this thread has taken.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

User avatar
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal
Posts: 17662
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:35 am
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:59 pm

#freethemannipple
To Let

User avatar
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:11 am
Real Name: Jarrod Frates
Gender: Male
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Martin Blank » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:37 pm

raptor9k wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 pm
Martin Blank wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Until you find out that GERD correlates with a somewhat higher risk of esophageal cancer.
Yep. I was having some issues with chest pain last year and went in for an EGD. No ulcers but they found evidence of Barrett's esophagus due to prior GERD issues. It's still a relatively low percentage increase. Only ~10% of GERD sufferers develop Barrett's esophagus and only ~1% of those end up with that particular form of cancer. All my biopsies came back negative but I'm supposed to be on a PPI (recently not covered by insurance) and go back yearly for an EGD. Skipping this year because I changed jobs last year and my Health Savings account took a beating the first half of the year. At some point I'll probably check with my GP about a solution on the PPI but for now I'm just losing weight.
Watch the long-term PPIs. Increased risk of gastric cancer, which is a bastard right up there with pacreatic cancer. It's still a small number (0.24% over a median of 7.6 years of monitoring in that study), but risk increases with duration. That's not the only study, either, and it shows an increase even when H. pylori isn't a factor. (I'm just a font of good news these days.)

That said, check with a pharmacist about OTC PPIs for much less than you'd pay for the prescription.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

User avatar
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal
Posts: 17662
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:35 am
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Rorschach » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:38 am

Rant: Brexit
Rant: Trump’s likely acquittal
Rave: I’m struggling with this one. Any help?
To Let

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Common Crawl (Research) and 0 guests