Stanley Cup Playoffs

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
The Cid
Redshirt

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by The Cid » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

That was a great series. Game 6 ended so quickly. Playoff hockey can be cruel.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Two goals in 17 seconds. It was nuts. I was recording the game and was watching a little bit behind when I accidentally caught a Facebook update from a friend congratulating the Blackhawks. It kind of took a little from it, so I was just watching to see how it happened when they tied it up 2-2 with just a couple minutes left in the 3rd, and I thought, "Ah, overtime." But then BAM second goal, and I was like "OMG NO WAY HOLY CRAP" and could just see the Bruins' shoulders slump and the air get let out of the Garden...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm

The tying goal did the Bruins in. They were reeling from that point, just hoping for overtime, and the Blackhawks recognized the opportunity to go in for the kill. They fell apart all at once.

Chicago was the best team in the league from start to finish. It's not all that common, especially in a sport with so many playoff teams, that you get a season like that.

amlthrawn
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by amlthrawn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm still heartbroken given the Pens got swept, but happy that my western conference team hoisted the cup this year. It was a fantastic series, in my opinion. Two excellent guys in the cage, mostly tight play (except for the anomalous game), and overall fun hockey to watch.

On a side note, my night was capped off by a very drunk guy walking down my street at 1am singing the refrain from Chelsea Dagger at the top of his lungs. Loved it.
- We were never being boring. We had too much time to find for ourselves.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Deacon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Anyone else notice they actually played the equivalent of 7 games, if you count all the overtime?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 am

In that case I wanted the series to go 9. :-x
amlthrawn wrote:It was a fantastic series, in my opinion.
Absolutely. Awesome series. Shame it had to end. Not "end so soon," end. I wanted these teams to just keep going until it was time for next hockey season.
amlthrawn wrote:Chelsea Dagger
I have to admit, catchy song if you only hear it once in a long while. Blackhawks fans and that song remind me of college hockey fans. Next thing you know they'll start calling the opposing goalie "sieve."

---
-I'll miss NBC Sports Network. Who will tell me when English soccer starts during every last commercial break now?

-So Patrick Kane's going to make sure the NHL allows players to go to the Winter Olympics next year so he can go and win the gold for America, right? Because that has to happen. Go geddit, Kane.

amlthrawn
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by amlthrawn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

The Cid wrote: -So Patrick Kane's going to make sure the NHL allows players to go to the Winter Olympics next year so he can go and win the gold for America, right? Because that has to happen. Go geddit, Kane.
KANERRRRRRRRRRRRR
- We were never being boring. We had too much time to find for ourselves.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:06 pm

So this happened.

I've always liked Chicago. And not just because my earliest memories are from Schaumburg. Nice touch.