It's been that long???

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
gravity
Redshirt

Re: It's been that long???

Post by gravity » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Rorschach wrote:
gravity wrote:Apparently punching a guy and then kicking him in the balls when he puts his hand up your skirt on a first date is something men frown upon.
Wait. You were standing up when this happened? Seems like a bit of an over-reaction. Unless he was aggressively trying to put his hand up your skirt.

It's also pretty stupid. I understand y'know, grrlpower and yay Mrs Pankhurst and all that, but a firm and clear refusal is probably smarter than escalating a situation with violence.
The dude tried to put his hand up my skirt. How is that not aggressive? There's putting a hand on an ass, and then there's pulling up pieces of clothing and shoving hands where they should not be. So yes, I feel completely okay about punching him and kicking him. I'm not sure what guys get away with in Scotland, but in Wyoming we do not put up with shiat like that.
FireAza wrote: It does make her sound like a Frankenstein monster though. Hey Lith, have you been feeling a bit odd since your recovery? Any strange, new body parts? New scars? When you woke up after the surgery, did the doctor triumphantly shout "IT'S ALIVE!"?
My abdominal muscles were severed so I can't cough very well so I have to be careful of colds and such, and most of my internal organs were damaged so I have to be very very careful about them, and watch for warning signs of full organ failure. And I haven't been able to find a zipper belly button ring yet, as the scar is a full groin to sternum scar and the staples left scars as well, and how the scar goes nearly through the belly button would make a zipper belly button ring look perfect on me. I'm just wearing a flesh suit, I'm really an alien in disguise!

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 am

That, or Sackboy:
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

mikejcpt
Redshirt

Post by mikejcpt » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:46 am

gravity wrote:And I haven't been able to find a zipper belly button ring yet, as the scar is a full groin to sternum scar and the staples left scars as well, and how the scar goes nearly through the belly button would make a zipper belly button ring look perfect on me. I'm just wearing a flesh suit, I'm really an alien in disguise!
You could just get a round ring and hang the pull from a real zipper on it. Or just order from Amazon.
Spoiler: (click to reveal/hide)
The Cid wrote:
StruckingFuggle wrote:Evil Mormons
"So you say you're a Mormon?"
"No, actually. I'm an Evil Mormon, I attend the church of latter day Satan."

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 am

FireAza wrote:That, or Sackboy:
Have the zipper stop where the sternum starts, and that's exactly what my scar looks like. Ah, the benefits of being a fictional video game character walking around in real life. :lol:
mikejcpt wrote:
gravity wrote:And I haven't been able to find a zipper belly button ring yet, as the scar is a full groin to sternum scar and the staples left scars as well, and how the scar goes nearly through the belly button would make a zipper belly button ring look perfect on me. I'm just wearing a flesh suit, I'm really an alien in disguise!
You could just get a round ring and hang the pull from a real zipper on it. Or just order from Amazon.
Once the weather gets warm enough to wear a belly button ring, I'll probably do the former, but that ring you found on Amazon is just tacky. No self respecting alien in disguise is going to wear something like that!

Goku
Redshirt

Post by Goku » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Nickgxz actually pointed me to a few posts here a couple days ago. Made me want to see how everyone else was doing. A lot happened over the last three years.

I didn't realize it needed to be warm weather to wear a belly button ring. Also, that ring doesn't look tacky, I think it looks kinda cool, but that's just my point of view.

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Goku wrote:Nickgxz actually pointed me to a few posts here a couple days ago. Made me want to see how everyone else was doing. A lot happened over the last three years.

I didn't realize it needed to be warm weather to wear a belly button ring. Also, that ring doesn't look tacky, I think it looks kinda cool, but that's just my point of view.
Warm weather isn't necessarily needed, but I live in an area that regularly has negative temps. Metal against skin at temperatures that low, even hidden under layers, is extremely painful. I've actually frozen my glasses to my face once, and have eight earrings that hate it as well. I'd rather wait to get the piercing when it's warm so it's healed enough to remove when I go one my evening walkies.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm

gravity wrote: The dude tried to put his hand up my skirt. How is that not aggressive?
How is it aggressive? You're giving us hee-haw context here. Was it completely out of the blue? Were you necking him at the time? I hate to tell you this, but things like this tend to happen on dates. At least with humans.
I'm not sure what guys get away with in Scotland, but in Wyoming we do not put up with shiat like that.
America fuck yeah.
No, in Scotland we do tend to get away with fumbling. It's part of our radical 'propagate the species' policy.

Don't punch guys. It's illegal and they're stronger than you. It can't end well.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

It's been that long???

Post by Deacon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:24 pm

What Rors says is true. Did you punch him and kick him after he ignored your clear refusal of access to your hot body during your back seat make-out session? Or did you go straight to violence?
Rorschach wrote:Don't punch guys. It's illegal and they're stronger than you. It can't end well.
This is sage advice.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Are you guys seriously arguing this shit? I'm not sure if it's because you're men or because it's Gravity.

Maybe she was just in the middle of a full-on heavy petting session with this guy and he accidentally breached the hemline of her skirt (and let's assume for argument's sake it was a respectable just above the knee number rather than something more akin to a belt) by mere centimetres; whereupon Gravity launched without warning (or polite request to stop, or the classic not-so-subtle repositioning of said hand) into the aforementioned punch/crotch kick combo. Maybe it was like this, or something else similarly innocent, but I'd be willing to bet that this wasn't how it went down.

Imagine for a second you're with a girl, you've been on a few dates, you're kissing, maybe there's even some outside the clothing butt-grabbing or the like. Suddenly her hand is right down the front of your trousers (or up right up under your kilt (or skirt, if you have my imagination) :P) and you'd rather it wasn't (if you can't imagine why you wouldn't want this to happen for sexual reasons imagine you've recently suffered trauma in this parts and things are still tender.) You pull her hand out and tell her to stop it, but the moment you relax your grip it's right back in your trousers for another attempt at an impromptu juggling act. You yank the hand out push the girl away and leave. The next day you're telling your friends that girl you were dating is a crazy slut to be avoided.

Now imagine everything is reversed. You're a girl, you've been on a few dates with this guy, you're kissing, maybe there's some light-petting action, but that's all fine. Then his hand is right up your skirt (or down the front of your trousers) and this was not part of your plan. You take the hand away and, say no, but before long it's back were it shouldn't be.

You take it out again and then what? Maybe you could try just pushing him away and leaving, as in the above example, but it's likely one word is flashing like a neon sign in your brain right now, whether it's fair or not: Rape. If you try to leave is he going to chase you? Maybe you wanted to look nice and for you that means breaking out the heels — ain't no chance you're outrunning him under those conditions. Or perhaps when you try to push him away he's going to turn round and smack you to the ground. It's true that there's no particular reason why those concerns couldn't apply in reverse, but it's not the default to assume (because it's far less common) that an overly frisky girl is going to do that to a guy should she not get her way.

You're looking at it from the first perspective, assuming that the guy did everything right an that Gravity is just crazy — hence why you must find the hole in her story that proves that. She's almost certainly looking at it from the second perspective and wondering if her actions narrowly avoided rape — having people question her every action is going to make those people look like gigantic uncaring arseholes.

And as if to nail the fucking point home:
Deacon wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Don't punch guys. It's illegal and they're stronger than you. It can't end well.
This is sage advice.
Emphasis obviously mine, the irony is not.

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 am

For the record: I was not making out with this guy. It was a first date at a coffee shop, and I was leaving (he was a bit of a douchebag, it had been a blind date, and I had no interest in continuing the relationship past a goodbye). He stood up to say goodbye as I was leaving, and then dropped down for a second. I thought he had seen a coin or something on the ground, but then spontaneously he stood up with his hand under my skirt.

That's why I punched him and then kicked him.

I did not kiss him, I did not 'lead him on' (although it's great to know that some of you guys think anything is okay if a chick is 'leading a guy on'), I stood up to leave in a coffee shop. With a skirt that was past my knees because it's fucking freezing in Wyoming right now.

I love how you guys automatically assume I making out with guy (although, even if I had been, if I had said no, he would still have been crossing lines, and it scares me that you guys don't think that). I don't even have the nerve endings to make sex pleasurably anymore, so I'm never going to try to get laid again. I just went on the damn coffee date to shut a friend up about trying to get me a boyfriend. I figure one cup of coffee, a few hellos, a chat about books, and that would be it, end story (little did I know the asshole was an illiterate douchebag that only talked about sports and had never even heard of Sherlock Holmes, let alone Le Carre), he pushed boundaries and then got an asskicking for it.

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 am

It wasn't that I didn't think there might not have been kissing. I stayed on that route as an exercise in how that's still not permission for a hand up the skirt.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

It's been that long???

Post by Deacon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 am

BtEO wrote:I'm not sure if it's because you're men or because it's Gravity.
Both. Context is key, here, and she has a history of suggesting every guy she is around is hyper dorky, socially retarded, and also desperate for to make sexy times with her, which is a constant source of irritation for her. Whether it's her animal magnetism, boundless wit, unmatched beauty, or hot body, she must beat them back with a stick.

In this case all we knew is that she was dating a guy who slipped a hand up her skirt once and was punched for it and then kicked square in the balls after for good measure. Apparently in this case a guy pulled an unbelievably lame move in the middle of a coffee shop to reach his arm all the way up her long skirt. Which, even if true, caused not a "Hey!" or even pushing him away but actually punching him across the face and then, after he was laid out, kicking him in his nuts. It's not that I even begrudge a bit of violence when deserved, but the whole thing seems a bit much.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 am

He dropped down, put the hand up the skirt, and then stood, reaching his hand up the skirt and pulling the skirt up at the same time in the middle of a coffee shop. Grinning. Fight or flight, and I am not going to cower or pull some bullshit run away with tears in my eyes. Fuck that. So I punched him. And then kicked him so he wouldn't get back up while I left. I really didn't want to turn around and walk away and then get tackled from behind by a creep like that.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am

gravity wrote:although it's great to know that some of you guys think anything is okay if a chick is 'leading a guy on'
Source plz.
BtEO wrote:having people question her every action is going to make those people look like gigantic uncaring arseholes.
Well, you're partly right but I must disagree with the rest. As has been pointed out already, context is really pretty important here. As gravity didn't give one then are we just to assume that she's an empowered woman fighting back against her sexual oppressor? Or that she's a sad misfit handing out random violence to some quivering gimp who's forgotten the safety word during a particularly brutal bout of S&M? Why wouldn't you question this? I imagine the police might have had a question or two to ask had they been called, even if they busted the guy over it. What giant uncaring arseholes.

This is a pointless discussion anyway as it's quite clearly bullshit. Gravity laid a guy out with a single punch and then kicked him in the balls while he was down in a coffee shop. Gies peace. I find it difficult enough to believe she had a date.
To Let

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

If you were questioning whether a hand really went up her skirt prior to her assault fine, I guess.

That wasn't what you were doing. You were looking for why the guy should have been allowed to put his hand there without expecting reprisals - when such situations are few compared to situations where it is sexual assault.

Maybe you're only doing it because it's Gravity - you're still being arseholes. Though if you're still resisting I don't expect you to see that way no matter what I or anyone else says.