Rantettes & Ravettes - the show must go on....

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Rantettes & Ravettes - the show must go on....

Post by sneaky ninja » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Rave: v. 1. To speak wildly, irrationally, or incoherently.
2. To roar; rage: The storm raved along the coast.
3. To speak or write with wild enthusiasm: Critics raved about the new play.
4. To attend a rave.

Fresh new thread!

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Re: Rantettes & Ravettes - the show must go on....

Post by collegestudent22 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Rave: Got an apartment through the university. No more dorms for me! :D
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:44 pm

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Lucksi. Maybe you don't have good music in Germany, but there's plenty of good music in the world, and you're not limited by your borders in the music available to you.
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Muspar
Redshirt

Post by Muspar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 pm

StruckingFuggle wrote:Maybe you don't have good music in Germany
So long as Germany has Rammstein, they'll have good music.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:02 pm

No, Lucksi, I get the reference, I just don't get how you can say "once upon a time we had great musicians and that music is dead now" and actually mean it.
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Muspar
Redshirt

Post by Muspar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Lucksi wrote:Muspar: You and your wife were the ones with degrees in psycho, no? Was Rammstein a case study?
Rammstein was part of a study in awesome music. Results: Kickass.

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 pm

StruckingFuggle wrote:Maybe you don't have good music in Germany
[youtube]PJQVlVHsFF8[/youtube]

Springy
Redshirt

Post by Springy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 am

Rave: Head pastry chef got laid off about a week and a half ago and it's been utter bliss at work. To make a long story short, she was a total bitch to people she didn't like, including the owners of the store, she was the slowest worker, and she had been mumbling about quitting and looking at job postings for months.

Rant: My roomate and her happen to be close friends. Now I have to put up with hearing about what "great injustice" was done to her and how everyone was so mean to her by talking about her behind her back when "She would never talk about people behind their backs!". Please. A few months after I got hired she pulled my boss aside and told her that she honestly didn't believe I went to culinary school, and that I should be fired. She told everybody she thought one of our co-op students was mentally retarded and probably needed help brushing her teeth in the morning.

Rave: My roomate finally quit her job at the bakery (she worked cash) so now the overall air of negativity has been lifted. A lot of the employees don't like my one boss, and use every possible moment available to talk shit about him or just be generally rude to him. Now the two biggest offenders are gone and a feeling of happiness has washed over the whole store.

Rave: I know work 7-3 on most days! I looooove the morning shift and now it's mine, all mine! Muahahaha!

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:31 am

Muspar wrote:
Lucksi wrote:Muspar: You and your wife were the ones with degrees in psycho, no? Was Rammstein a case study?
Rammstein was part of a study in awesome music. Results: Kickass.
[youtube]z6GnfN64N78[/youtube]
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 am

Rave: A new rave thread!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:06 am

Rant: This thread isn't titled Episode VI: Return of the Moderator.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:49 am

Can Martin change that?

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am

Look at this thread. So virginal and new. So brimming with unfulfilled promise and uncertain futures.

We should stop posting in it. It's like leaving great big footprints in new snow.

Anyway, Rave:
Cara spent her first night away from home last night. She went to her granny's and was absolutely fine. I have a hangover this morning for the first time in I don't know how long.

Rant: According to the NHS website, my BMI is 25.2. Anything over 25 is overweight.
Fuck you, god, you fictional cunt.
To Let

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 am

Bah, BMI is bullshit anyway. Most bodybuilders are over 25 - are they also overweight? It is far more important what that weight is made of. The real number you should be worried about is Body Fat %, Rors.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:32 am

In fairness, they do say on the site that people who have a large amount of muscle shouldn't really read too much into it.
I'm not too worried about it and I do realise that it's not totally accurate, but it's the most accurate I can find on a Sunday morning without putting my trousers on.

How do I calculate body fat percentage?
To Let