Guess who got her first traffic ticket!

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Terrene
Redshirt

Guess who got her first traffic ticket!

Post by Terrene » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Yes! It is apparently incredibly dangerous to answer your cellphone to let your boyfriend know you're not dead and will be home in a few minutes (because you worked til twelve instead of the usual eleven) and then hang up. I am really lucky that cop pulled me over and set me straight. What a hero. Give him a medal. I am so grateful for the 20 dollar fine. I mean gosh.

It is just a coincidence that as soon as I came home I demanded to play GTA. My desire to harass and maim virtual policemen had nothing to do with what transpired earlier.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Guess who got her first traffic ticket!

Post by Deacon » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Gotta love California...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:53 pm

She'll get points on her record, don't you worry. I'm pretty sure all traffic tickets you get get points put on your record. It maybe just a quarter of a point, but she'll get something.

thejerseyminx
Redshirt

Post by thejerseyminx » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Amp, 5 mph over doesn't give you points in MO. At least according to one highway patrol. And no moving violations don't.
Lord, what FOOLS these mortals be! - Puck
What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive.

I sold my soul to Rock 'n' Roll, can I have yours?
My Wish List
Alannah's Wish List

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Though seriously, is it that hard to call before you're even in the car?
"He who lives by the sword dies by my arrow."

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Arc Orion
Redshirt

Post by Arc Orion » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Was she really that much of a danger because of being on the phone? Fact of the matter is, since he called her, perhaps it didn't occur to her to call him beforehand. Perhaps she was in a bit of a hurry to get home after a long day at work and didn't want to take even longer when she could just drive and talk at the same time.
I need fewer water.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Arc Orion wrote:Was she really that much of a danger because of being on the phone?
"Fact of the matter is", I didn't say she was, nor would I agree she was.
Fact of the matter is, since he called her, perhaps it didn't occur to her to call him beforehand.
Hm. Okay, so I missed that it was answering the phone instead of initiating a call, that does make a difference, yeah.
Perhaps she was in a bit of a hurry to get home after a long day at work and didn't want to take even longer when she could just drive and talk at the same time.
... On the other hand, if she can't talk while walking to a car, then she should by no means at all talk while driving a car!

"In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

Arc Orion
Redshirt

Post by Arc Orion » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm

She couldn't possibly have had her hands full while walking? Perhaps it was a short walk to her car. Maybe she was preoccupied with a coworker. It could be that she was literally running to car, fleeing her oppressive workplace in the hopes that she could get home and spend the evening with her wonderful boyfriend. Your supposition fails to account for any number of variables.
StruckingFuggle wrote:
Arc Orion wrote:Was she really that much of a danger because of being on the phone?
"Fact of the matter is", I didn't say she was, nor would I agree she was.
So you were just being argumentative?
I need fewer water.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Arc Orion wrote:So you were just being argumentative?
No, but now I have an interesting perspective on how you group concepts as a whole, thus failing to see them as made up of individual components to be evaluated and/or addressed fairly separately.

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:30 pm

I don't use the phone very often, especially not in the car. I don't have enough money to be buying unnecessary gadgets.
So you were just being argumentative?
Fuggle? Argumentative? Certainly not!

For the record I didn't have my phone on me. It was in my car.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Oh, I am argumentative, I make no bones to deny it in semantic truth, only in the sense that Arc used it, especially with the qualifier of "just", and certainly not for the sake of argung. A difficult concept, I know, but my faith in y'all isn't so strained as to consider it impossible...

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Quiet you!

Arc Orion
Redshirt

Post by Arc Orion » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:49 pm

StruckingFuggle wrote:
Arc Orion wrote:So you were just being argumentative?
No, but now I have an interesting perspective on how you group concepts as a whole, thus failing to see them as made up of individual components to be evaluated and/or addressed fairly separately.
I see how you fail to respond to the argument at hand, and instead make a failed declarative statement of my apparent tendencies. Congratulations, you fail at psychology.

Also, making obvious insults as to our faculties is not going to win arguments, you know. If anything, it will get you classified as a troll.
I need fewer water.

StruckingFuggle
Redshirt

Post by StruckingFuggle » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Arc Orion wrote:I see how you fail to respond to the argument at hand
"No" isn't an answer?

And I guess I'll spell out the rest: my comment had to do with part of her statement and a then-kinda-'silly' omission on her part, and made no statement of or against or even referring to the concept of her being a danger to anyone or anything, this "danger" as a fact of the argument is a rather interesting invention of yours.

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Fuggle? A troll? Certainly not! Arc, you worry me sometimes.

Now stop derailing my thread and let's all talk about how I was wronged by the police.