ok who else is getting tired of this

Perspectives on our world and our universe, how it works, what is happening, and why it happens. Whether by a hidden hand or natural laws, we come together to hash it out, and perhaps provide a little bit of education and enlightenment for others. This is a place for civil discussion. Please keep it that way.
Forum rules
1) Remain civil. Respect others' rights to their viewpoints, even if you believe them to be completely wrong.
2) Sourcing your information is highly recommended. Plagiarism will get you banned.
3) Please create a new thread for a new topic, even if you think it might not get a lot of responses. Do not create mega-threads.
4) If you think the subject of a thread is not important enough to merit a post, simply avoid posting in it. If enough people agree, it will fall off the page soon enough.
jonathan
Redshirt

ok who else is getting tired of this

Post by jonathan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:58 pm

ok as election day draws near there is one thing I am hearing over and over again "If Obama becomes president he's gonna get assassinated and if McCain gets elected he's just gonna die anyway" Now yes there is a very small chance of both of these happening but seriously people are you really gonna base your whole voting on this fact alone (yes I've heard people say they are). Now first of all if Obama gets elected and appears outside the white house he's going to have secret service people with him to prevent such an occurance. And as for Senator McCain, he's only 72 years old, the average human life expentancy is 80 something, he's hardly hovering on death's door people. And one thing semi unrelated, whenever Biden sticks his foot in his mouth (which is quite often) people just say "It's Biden being Biden" however god forbid Sarah palin says something that might almost be taken the wrong way she's torn apart.
Ah well I'm done now

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Re: ok who else is getting tired of this

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:10 pm

jonathan wrote:the average human life expentancy is 80 something
73.6 years for men and 79.4 years for women.
jonathan wrote:however god forbid Sarah palin says something that might almost be taken the wrong way she's torn apart.
Because she's dumber than Dan Quayle.

jonathan
Redshirt

Post by jonathan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:39 pm

and with Biden saying stuff like "Oh we just put that at the end of every commercial" (after being asked about the "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this messege") that def. has to put him below Dan Quayle and Sarah palin on the dumb scale

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Yeah...I don't think so. Here's are just a few reasons why Sarah Palin is an idiot:

1) She thinks being able to see Russia is diplomacy
2) She had NO clue what the Bush doctrine is.
3) She was unable to name any other controversial Supreme Court case other than Roe v Wade
4) She thinks man and dinosaurs co-existed

And there are so many more examples of her stupidity.

jonathan
Redshirt

Post by jonathan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 am

I'd list Biden cases of stupidity but I don't have an extra three days

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:31 am

:roll:

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 am

jonathan wrote:I'd list Biden cases of stupidity but I don't have an extra three days

Alrighty, why not just throw a small sample of this supposedly huge list of yours and humor us at least.
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

jonathan
Redshirt

Post by jonathan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:34 am

ok fine I shall throw out one at least I was watching him get interviewed on the news and it went something like this

Biden: This will be a very clean campaign there will be no mud slinging from our siude

Interviewer: now even in commercials?

Biden: nope

Interviewer: what about this commercial *Proceeds to show a commercial that bashes senator McCain*

Biden: neither me nor Barack knew about this commercial, if we did we would have gotten it pulled

Interviewer: What about this *Shows the end of commercial where Obama says "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message"

Biden: Oh that's just out at the end of all those commercials

yes clearly this is a mental giant we're dealing with here

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:44 am

A quick off handed remark is vastly different than spending several minutes explaining how see Russia from your house is considered diplomatic experience. I'm not saying that Biden hasn't made dumb comments, but Sarah Palin argues her dumb comments.

Also, let's not forget that Biden has a doctorate in law, has been in the senate since the 70s, severed as chairman for multiple committees. And on the flip side we have Palin who went to four different schools to receive a BS in journalist, has only been a governor for two years. She wasn't even a mayor until the mid-90s.

jonathan
Redshirt

Post by jonathan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:49 am

ok yes we will all agree the russia thing, prolly not her best move and as for Biden having a doctorate in law, well a list of Bush's degrees doesn't make him less of a moron so I don't see how it does for Biden. and before someone starts sticking up for Bush, yes you are part of a very small minority, the guy has the lowest dissaporval rating since Grant

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:04 am

Bush doesn't have a law degree, he was rejected from University of Texas School of Law.

And if you want more examples of Palin's complete lack of knowledge...
Here she is not knowing about McCain's regulations
Here she is not knowing about the bailout
Here she is not knowing what she reads
Here she is not knowing any Supreme Court decisions

Let me know if you need any more.

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:20 am

Oh god don't forget the fruit fly thing. People do RESEARCH with FRUITFLIES, I kid you not!

bagheadinc
Bay Harbor Butcher

Post by bagheadinc » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:53 am

Yes, fruit flies are very important to scientific research. A good portion of human diseases can be seen in the fruit fly. Also the generation is very short so lots of tests can be done in a small amount of time. It's one of the most commonly used subjects in biological research! To joke about the silliness of studying fruit flies just shows how ignorant she is.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:05 am

Now, if they could turn flies into fruit, maybe they'd have something.

Yes, I'm joking.

Listen, we all realize that both Presidential Candidates selected Vice-Presidential candidates that seem rather questionable. But have you considered that maybe they were both in a corner because of some of the other possible choices? Hillary Clinton? Mike Huckabee? Many of the present Governors? Either they didn't want to be the Vice-Presidential candidate (McCain's problem) or that perhaps the choice would seem too controversial or it just wasn't considered the best possibility (Obama's problem, especially with Hillary).

And maybe there was this third possibility: after an eight year Presidential era where some would claim that the Vice-President (Chaney) was actually running the show, they wanted someone less likely to viewed as a natural leader than the "Leader of the Free World."

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:01 am

Her personality annoys me so much I want to punch her in the fucking teeth.