"Girls are not to be trusted.."

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Mista
Redshirt

"Girls are not to be trusted.."

Post by Mista » Tue May 27, 2008 10:19 am

It is now 5:30 in the morning and I can't fall asleep. This is definitely a rant and pretty borderline emo. I'm sorry if it leaves you with the taste of disgust. I don't care if you do or don't read it, I just hope that by the time I finish I can fall asleep.

Two weeks ago I finally started getting close to this girl I have been crushing on. We'll call her "K." K is friends with most of my friends so I always see her around and she pretty much fits my taste in women perfectly. She has all the qualities: intelligent, funny, nice, has an amazing taste in music, and she's a definite hottie.

We began cuddling and kissing and doing couple-like things: holding hands in public places, cuddling while watching a movie with friends, and staying up late and waking up early to talk to each other. This lasted for about a week.

She told me that my friend "P" asked her out for a dinner date. We shared a laugh and she jokingly commented "yay, free food!" I didn't really take her seriously because P isn't exactly that great of a guy. In fact, he's a stubborn, cheating, lying thief. He barely has any good qualities. I'm serious, he cheats on his girlfriends, lies about everything, and steals from people (read: iPods, Laptops, Liquor, money, etc etc)

The next day she texts me, but severely not as much as usual. After an hour or so of texting she texts me that her phone is dying... which I later found out was bullshit. I don't hear from her at all for the rest of the day, the night, and the entirety of the next day.

Turns out she took P up on that dinner date... followed by a movie date... followed by a slumber party. Just K and P, of course. I was fairly suspicious and my friends called me paranoid for it. One of my friends promised she would tell me the truth if she found out.. so she calls K up and casually asks how her friday night was. K spilled the beans.

At this point I was still fairly oblivious of the full extent of this.. betrayal. K told me afterwards that she was confused and incredibly sorry and other things of that nature. I told her I forgive her because after all we weren't dating and we never really laid down any ground rules.. but I definitely was not going to continue whatever we were. She still apologized and threw in a bunch of stuff like "I really care for you!" and "You're a real great guy and I really respect you for all of this.."

The next night (tonight) was our friend's birthday party. Guess who show up at the dinner together? K and P. P is blissfully ignorant of everything, of course. When K leaves early P follows for a lengthy good bye. P later informs us that he'll be busy tomorrow at the same time K and I used to hang out, and when questioned about it a bashful smile crawls across his face as he says "..nothing! *giggle*"

It is at this point that I realize that it wasn't just an innocent mistake/dinner/got tired and slept over thing. K was replacing me... with, of all people, P. I realize that her saying I was "charming, smart, funny, and handsome" during her apology wasn't her being honest, because if she was why on earth would she replace me with him?

My closest friends try their best to cheer me up about it.. but it's all lies.. The ones who say, "she wasn't that cute," were the same ones a week earlier telling me to "go for it" because she was "definitely a cutie." The ones saying, "You can do better than her," were the ones saying, "she's out of your league!"

I feel terrible about myself.. why would someone do something like this? It's not that I'm heart-broken or anything.. I just feel like shit. Worthless, you know? The thing that bothers me the most is that K was honestly a nice girl. All this.. from one of the nice ones.. I know she's just one girl.. but she was the one girl out of hundreds I see every day who didn't act like a slut and had some respect for her body. I guess I think if even she would cheat..

I don't know, it's 6:15 in the morning now.. I don't think I'll be getting any sleep. Jeez that ended up long.. Please feel free to flame me for this. Change my mind or something. Again, sorry for the emo-esque rant. And yes, I know not all girls are the same, plenty of fish in the sea, so on and so on.
unsigged. For the children.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: "Girls are not to be trusted.."

Post by Rorschach » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

All women are whores and must be purified by blood.

Seriously, you had my sympathies up until:
she was the one girl out of hundreds I see every day who didn't act like a slut and had some respect for her body.
Apart from that, this seems like schoolkid stuff. Giggling, Slumber parties. You went out on a few dates, during that time she went out for a few dates with someone else and preferred him. Don't take it personally. I think she was well within her keeping-options-open period.

You bagged a hottie, It didn't work out. At least you now know you're capable of bagging one.
Go find another one.
To Let

Sophira
Jezzy's Belle

Post by Sophira » Tue May 27, 2008 12:25 pm

A hug for Mista.

Girls suck. (I can say this because I know a lot of guys suck too and it's a humans thing, really.) She'll get hers in the end (har har pooper joke) if this guy is the crapmazing guy you described.

Chin up and remember the important things in life: Rock Band, alcohol, ice cream, and kitty cats. (These things help me forget the sorrow of singlehood--they MAY help you too!)
<Arc_Orion> And I give rides to dudes!
<kaiju01> Yeah, I'm kind of a dick.
<Hirschof>Long from now, when the Earth is charred and barren, the only things left on the surface will be cockroaches and the continuous bickering between Fuggle and Deacon. :)
<Deacon> I'm not, however, played by a homosexual child star.

Ryodragoon
Redshirt

Post by Ryodragoon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 pm

I was like that with a girl not too long ago, about the same way (kissing and stuff like that) but we werent "together". It was like that for a couple of months and it had its up and downs. But then she convinced herself that I had liked another girl more than her before I was with her, and that I was "settling" for the one i was with cause I couldnt have the other one (which Is not true at all, cause I never asked the other one out.) So she broke herself away from me, and started hanging out with my friends a bit more. Now I'm just trying to get her to admit she was wrong, but she's stubborn :lol: . We still talk though.

Thats kinda it in short. That said, its kinda easy to take something like that and assume your boyfriend/girlfriend with her, when your not. Who knows? She might see the mistake in doing that to you.

Next time, STAKE YOUR CLAIM! :lol:

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue May 27, 2008 3:00 pm

You two should forget wimmen and come to a 'gentleman's agreement' with each other.
To Let

wocket
Redshirt

Post by wocket » Tue May 27, 2008 3:56 pm

"Betrayal"? Really? Really? You had me up until you used that word.
Yes, you were cuddling and kissing and holding hands in public. Yes, it probably seemed like things were heading towards Relationshiplandia full-speed ahead. But...you weren't there yet, and unless she specifically told you she wasn't going to see other guys, she was well within her rights to do so.

That's not to say I'm condoning what she did. It was a pretty shitty thing to do and she should have been more up-front with you. But keep your head firmly screwed on to your shoulders and try not to blow this out of proportion. It'll save you many nights of "dear god why me".
Buy some Cute Stuff and support this woman.

Rileyrat
Redshirt

Post by Rileyrat » Tue May 27, 2008 4:08 pm

It sounds like you had dealings with the immature. I'm not gonna blow the same ole smoke up your butt as we all know the sayings. All I know is ya just keep looking, you might eventually find one worth keeping.
Ryodragoon wrote:Next time, STAKE YOUR CLAIM! :lol:
That's right, pee on the next one so everyone knows she is yours, wait what?
Long before history began we men have got together apart from the women and done things. We had time. - C. S. Lewis

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Tue May 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks guys, I feel better about it and I did finally get some sleep yay.

I'm off to start my day.. thanks guys!

And yes, next time I'm leaving my mark. I'm not going to go into detail about what I mean by that.

Terrene
Redshirt

Post by Terrene » Tue May 27, 2008 4:32 pm

You will never love like that again.

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Tue May 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Terrene wrote:You will never love like that again.
Thanks Terrene.

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Rorschach wrote:You two should forget wimmen and come to a 'gentleman's agreement' with each other.
Yeah. You'll get rich, but then you'll be screwing with a bagel.

Ryodragoon
Redshirt

Post by Ryodragoon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 pm

the butter will be in the fridge too huh?

JermCool
Redshirt

Post by JermCool » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Rorschach wrote:You two should forget wimmen and come to a 'gentleman's agreement' with each other.
"If we're not married by the time we're 40, we'll turn gay for each other and have a threesome with Rors."
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

if you're havin girl problems I feel bad for you son

Post by Jezebel » Tue May 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah, I don't get where this betrayal and cheat stuff is coming from. You went out on a few dates and she went out on a date with some other dude and now she likes him better. That's how dating goes sometimes, and you'll probably end up doing the same thing to some other chick. It was shitty the way that she handled it, but most girls at her age are kind of lacking in the maturity department so honestly I'm not terribly surprised. Just take this as a lesson for next time and remember to not pull this type of shit with anyone you ever date. Honesty is always the best policy.

Also: Bitches ain't shit but hoes 'n tricks

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:36 pm

/agree with Jez

It doesn't sound like the two of you were that serious. Yeah you liked her, and yeah she acted poorly, but oh well, that's how a lot of relationships work at this age. Oh well, too bad, so sad, let's move on.

Let's also remember the first rule of dating: most people are douchebags. No matter how much they might seem otherwise, they are basically douchebags underneath. Only the amount of douchebaggery changes from person to person. Some people eventually outgrow this, but others never do.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'