Confessions: And this time it's personal

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Arres
Redshirt

Re: Confessions: And this time it's personal

Post by Arres » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Rorschach wrote:Confession: Maybe I'm watching too much 30 Rock too quickly, but I think I'm developing a real crush on Tina Fey.
No, it's just a thing Tina Fey does. Everybody <3's her and very few people can elaborate just exactly WHY.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 pm

ampersand wrote:Wouldn't it involved møøse biting sisters and fjords, Cid?
I hear "Scotland sacks their manager" and I imagine a team of hatchet-vikings utterly ruining someone's office and setting fire to much of his stuff, indicating that he is no longer allowed to manage their national team and must seek employment elsewhere.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Rorschach wrote:Confession: Maybe I'm watching too much 30 Rock too quickly, but I think I'm developing a real crush on Tina Fey.
Nope, she's just awesome.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Was watching TV after getting off work. Found Toy Story 3 on and watched it through and started crying at the end.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

That's nothing to be ashamed of. I cry like Jodie Foster on a pinball machine every time I see it, and not just at the end.
To Let

ultimaspacehobo
Redshirt

Post by ultimaspacehobo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Confession: I'm selfless because I'm selfish.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I own multiple games through Steam that I have never played. Every time I buy a new game, I see them and I think "I should really play these." Then I don't.

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

That's no confession, that's part of the requirement of having Steam installed!

Confession: Whenever someone mentions "30 Rock", I think of "3rd Rock from the Sun" for some reason. I have no idea what 30 Rock actually is.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm

It's a show where Alec Baldwin started playing a character and later basically became him. It's also a magic piece of television that turns Tracy Morgan into a very funny person, and where people realized that Tina Fey is legitimately funny and not just one of many people who were good on Saturday Night Live and then kind of faded away.

Or if you're referring to "yeah, but what's with the name," it refers to the street address of NBC's headquarters: 30 Rockefeller Center. It used to be an insider term to refer to NBC, but as 30 Rock is essentially Saturday Night Live alumni making a show about SNL it makes sense.

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:32 pm

I've been watching the show since the beginning but haven't really rewatched anything from the early seasons. I recently watched Episode 1 with a friend and was *shocked* by how thin Tracy was!

I knew he had gained some weight over the years but watching the first episode a day after watching a very recent one blew my mind, it did!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Confessions: And this time it's personal

Post by Deacon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Gee willikers!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Aza, I had the same confusion for the longest time! I always think 3rd Rock, as well.

I wish Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in 30 Rock.....

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 am

The Cid wrote:It's a show where Alec Baldwin started playing a character and later basically became him. It's also a magic piece of television that turns Tracy Morgan into a very funny person, and where people realized that Tina Fey is legitimately funny and not just one of many people who were good on Saturday Night Live and then kind of faded away.

Or if you're referring to "yeah, but what's with the name," it refers to the street address of NBC's headquarters: 30 Rockefeller Center. It used to be an insider term to refer to NBC, but as 30 Rock is essentially Saturday Night Live alumni making a show about SNL it makes sense.
Ah I see. Still, an odd name choice.
sneaky ninja wrote:Aza, I had the same confusion for the longest time! I always think 3rd Rock, as well.

I wish Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in 30 Rock.....
Oh thank God! I'm not the only one!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Confession: I think Cara might be dabbling in the occult. I found what looks to be a planchette in her room yesterday.

Possession is the last thing I want to happen. We don't even believe in corporal punishment.
To Let

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 am

I still listen to ska music. And not just the "grown up" stuff like Madness and The Toasters, I mean I've recently listened to Reel Big Fish and enjoyed it.

To be fair, I was that kid in high school. And yeah, I realize that did me no favors, and that there's a reason there are a million breakup songs but no love songs in that genre.