Confessions: And this time it's personal

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
spikegirl7
Redshirt

Re: Confessions: And this time it's personal

Post by spikegirl7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 am

I feel like a huge dork.

I had to write a compare/contrast essay for my English Comp class. The only topic I could think of was comparing James T. Kirk (the REAL one, not the new one), to Picard.

If I get an A on this paper I shall be forever mortified.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 am

This caused my mind to blank out. Just for a while. An hour or so. I was just not present. My mind took a while to recognize the sheer enormity of what it had just seen.
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 am

What?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Hirschof
Redshirt

Post by Hirschof » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Changed my ringtone to the Team Fortress 2 theme. I think I'm sub-consciously leaving my phone on the other side of the house so that I can run during the ring.
"Hirschof: So much more than a handy masturbatory image." -Rorschach
"I think Hirschof is neat." -Sophira

RIP RLF SIG Trend: Aug 2004 - Jan 2010.
mah facebook

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 pm

collegestudent22 wrote:This caused my mind to blank out. Just for a while. An hour or so. I was just not present. My mind took a while to recognize the sheer enormity of what it had just seen.
You realize aa lot of us have no clue what that means right?

collegestudent22
Redshirt

Post by collegestudent22 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Er... right. It's 1024 GB of RAM. That's more RAM (a full terabyte) than many computers have overall storage space. It's just, like, ridiculous.
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Hirschof wrote:Changed my ringtone to the Team Fortress 2 theme. I think I'm sub-consciously leaving my phone on the other side of the house so that I can run during the ring.
For a long time I had "Spah's sappin' mah sentry" as my message tone.

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 pm

collegestudent22 wrote:Er... right. It's 1024 GB of RAM. That's more RAM (a full terabyte) than many computers have overall storage space. It's just, like, ridiculous.
Ahh, yeah that is a LOT of Ram.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm

collegestudent22 wrote:Er... right. It's 1024 GB of RAM.
Ah. I didn't cotton to the GB.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 am

BtEO wrote:
Hirschof wrote:Changed my ringtone to the Team Fortress 2 theme. I think I'm sub-consciously leaving my phone on the other side of the house so that I can run during the ring.
For a long time I had "Spah's sappin' mah sentry" as my message tone.
I love you guys. Previously, I had both the TF2 theme (ringtone) and "Spah sappin' mah sentry" (message tone) set on my phone :D
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 am

spikegirl7 wrote:I feel like a huge dork.

I had to write a compare/contrast essay for my English Comp class. The only topic I could think of was comparing James T. Kirk (the REAL one, not the new one), to Picard.

If I get an A on this paper I shall be forever mortified.
*head on desk*

93. Only got counted off for some grammatical errors. Now people in my class think I'm insane cause I was laughing into my hands when I saw my grade.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:31 am

That's awesome. What's the problem?

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:14 am

My English professor complemented me on my choice of topic. I'm not sure if my dork cred increases by that or if she simply is a fan.

Edit: Looking over her comments again it seems she took issue with my stance on the two. Apparently she likes Kirk and I said Picard was better.
'What is morality?'

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

From what I understand of Star Trek debates (as depicted in pop culture), I'm surprised she didn't give you a zero in that case, being that these debates are allegedly heated.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

BtEO
Redshirt

Post by BtEO » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:51 am

spikegirl7 wrote:Edit: Looking over her comments again it seems she took issue with my stance on the two. Apparently she likes Kirk and I said Picard was better.
You can be safe in the knowledge you're right…

*flees*