The Pet Peeve Thread.

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 am

OH NO HE DIDDAT!
To Let

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

*Does that finger snap, head zig-zag thing*
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

spikegirl7
Redshirt

Post by spikegirl7 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 am

When you buy a frozen burrito, cook it, then find all the cheese is in one end.
'What is morality?'
'Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price.'

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:28 pm

When you apply for a job online, and the online process asks you to post everything in your resume before asking you to upload your resume. One of those steps is definitely unnecessary.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, really the difference is that you as a human can input the information you believe helpful in the correct fields so that they can map that data against various searches and such. Whereas with an uploaded resume, which is a very free-form thing that is in no way standardized technologically, you can present that information in a way that's formatted best as far as you're concerned, and even hold that information hostage in different file formats like PDF, Word 2010, older Word formats, whatever random Mac formats, plain text, or whatever else. And because they've captured the actual data you entered separately, you're not screwed if they can't read whatever file format you happen to use. Most people wouldn't know a file format from toe jam, so it's a smart step.

On the other hand, when you enter your account number for an automated phone system, enter the last 4 of your social security number, etc, and then the first thing the person that finally answers the phone asks is for your account number and last 4 of your social, I want to murder something.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

ampersand
Redshirt

Post by ampersand » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Deacon, it's because sometimes the process (a) the process that taps the social security code doesn't complete onto the screen by the time a call center rep is forced to take your call and (b) sometimes procedure stipulates verbal confirmation is necessary before continuing.

Doesn't make it right, just makes it possible for all possible legal asses to be covered.

I think I found the title of Dennis Miller's next book.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I also like it when they ask for various different forms of identification, often getting less and less private. When they ask for the last 4 of your social, then your birthdate, then your address, I'm starting to wonder if they've heard of a phone book or are just placing bets on how many people actually make it through the gauntlet of silly questions.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

ampersand
Redshirt

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by ampersand » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

They're just trying to confirm what they have on screen.

Peeve: Bar full of guys and they're watching Ellen intently. Reason Ellen's on: because the woman running the bar has the control of the remote.

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 am

I've grown to learn that caring is not the strong suit of a bunch of dudes spending Monday afternoon in a bar.

While we're back in this thread for a bit, can people stop clarifying that "billion" is spelled "with a B" please? Enunciate, and you won't need to waste time clarifying your consonant sounds.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

ampersand
Redshirt

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by ampersand » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 am

Fat people who have to use the handicap stall in the restroom because they can't fit in the regular sized stall. Shouldn't that be your sign you should consider surgery?

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 am

Fat people who require surgery on the over-burdened NHS. No, tell a lie, that's blaming them after the fact as I believe there comes a point where surgery is the only option for weight loss. Fat people who require surgery on the over-burdened NHS and then complain about how people don't understand/care for them and they're in constant pain blah-de-blah more snickers more coke. It's your own fault, you fat fuck. Show some gratitude.

People who stand outside the cancer ward, smoking while connected to chemo drips. Jesus fucking Christ.
To Let

ampersand
Redshirt

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by ampersand » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:54 pm

You need anything, Rorsch? Want me to send someone over for a comfort fuck?

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Ranty Peeve: When you call me at home on my day off and say "hey we want the phone to do X" and I say "no problem my STEP BY STEP notes are in my desk". Not because X was important they just didn't want to wait until the next day when I would be there no problem. Do not then call me and say X didn't work and now the phones aren't working right and want me to solve it OVER THE PHONE, by saying things like "I'm not sure what button I pushed. your notes said to do Y but I did Z instead". Then when I do get in the office find that you have taken my very careful STEP BY STEP notes and scribbled out part of it and written what YOU felt the proper way to do it was, that didn't work AND PUT IT BACK IN MY DESK grrrrrr. To summarize don't push a bunch of buttons like a monkey then look at me and say fix it!. Ok that feels better to get out of my head and I know the pain of this can be understood by people doing much much more complicated tasks lol.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by Deacon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:58 am

I can only say I fully relate.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 am

Deacon wrote:I can only say I fully relate.
Don't talk about me like that :P
~Insert clever bon mot here~