The Pet Peeve Thread.

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
collegestudent22
Redshirt

Re: The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by collegestudent22 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

That site seems like it would make wedding crashing really easy....
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you!
It turns out that my head is too small. Wedding crashing WOULD be very easy. It always is. It's not as though most weddings are held in a secret location at a time only disclosed to a select few. Although, now that I say all that, I might have to talk to her about changing our wedding plans...
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 am

Have you set a date, Arres? We're booked the 13th of October next year. If you're still undecided, you should do the same. We could set up a webcam link and take our vows together and then, in an unlikely twist of fate, the absent minded registrars could simulataneously botch the vows to such an extent that we - you and I - actually end up married to each other. What an amusing series of transatlantic misadventures might follow! Easy on the homoerotic undertones, but heavy on the comical misunderstandings!

And yet I'm not in Hollywood. Where's your god now?
To Let

Hirschof
Redshirt

Post by Hirschof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Let me know if any of you need a stripper for the parties before the big day. I know a guy who needs money.

Peeve: Nipple tassel glue.
"Hirschof: So much more than a handy masturbatory image." -Rorschach
"I think Hirschof is neat." -Sophira

RIP RLF SIG Trend: Aug 2004 - Jan 2010.
mah facebook

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Arres: I love it! I may have to use that one.

We definitely don't need any planning website or materials, we are either doing a JOP wedding, or having a JOP come to the house during a party for a "surprise" wedding. Haven't decided. The goal is to spend as LITTLE money as possible. It's a second marriage for us both, so why spend money?

Hirsch: Is it you? Because if it is, I may have to have a bacherlorette party just so I can have a stripper. ;)

Hirschof
Redshirt

Post by Hirschof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Well, if the payment outweighs the cost of travel... yes.

mah facebook

hotterthanu
Redshirt

Post by hotterthanu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 pm

I don't understand. Why would you marry a man, then live apart for almost a year, and leave all your family and friends?

Arres
Redshirt

Post by Arres » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Rors: We have, we're getting married on the 1st of January (18 days to go!). That being said, "accidentally" getting married to you, could make consumation a BITCH from that distance.

Hirsch: I'll let her know. Maybe don't pencil it in though. ;P

Tni: Thanks! I hear you on the keeping it small. This is our 2nd's as well. We were going for "medium sized" originally, and had so many issues and problems (like caterers who wouldn't send us contracts, or photographers who wouldn't return our calls, etc) that we got fed up with it and said "Direct Family only!" Then my sister called my parents and tattled on me because I told her not to bring her kids. ugh. We kept ours down under 5k, while still having a "wedding", so we're fairly pleased with ourselves. Of course the Honeymoon to Costa Rica is costing us a pretty penny, but that's for us exclusively so we don't mind as much.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

tnitnetny
Redshirt

Post by tnitnetny » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:19 pm

We seriously are only having my parents (his are in Canada so probably won't come down for a JOP wedding), his daughter and maybe one friend to take pictures. I had friends and family get mad at me and I told them "suck it up, it is my wedding, not yours, I will do what I want. We may have a party that you can go to."

Wait, pet peeve thread. Hirsch has me thinking of him stripping now, um.

Hirschof
Redshirt

Post by Hirschof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Well, regardless of what you guys decide -- congratulations to all of you.

Natalie and I tried to keep ours as low budget as possible while accommodating roughly 200 people. It was a tough task but we managed to grab some great deals through personal connections.

Related peeve: People with jackass commentary about how your life will turn to shit after marriage. Hell, mine has been getting better.
Arres wrote:That being said, "accidentally" getting married to you, could make consumation a BITCH from that distance.
Rors would be at your doorstep (or foot of the bed depending on your security) the next morning.

mah facebook

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:04 am

Consumation would be a little DIY, but all I'd need do is find a fluid-proof envelope and get your address.

It's 8.04 AM. I love RLF.
To Let

ampersand
Redshirt

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by ampersand » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Pet Peeve: too many celebrities have their own perfume. Just saw Keith Urban commercial for his own brand of perfume!

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Smell like Streep...for cheap!
To Let

ampersand
Redshirt

The Pet Peeve Thread.

Post by ampersand » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 am

Peeve: Bad Christmas music. The retro lounge "I dreaming of a white Christmas" played at MCI was horrible!

The Cid
Redshirt

Post by The Cid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:45 pm

People who buy decommissioned undercover cop cars at police auctions. Seriously, screw all of you people with something very painful. I imagine these people grew up watching auto racing and thinking "man, that pace car job is a pretty sweet freakin' gig. You get out there and everyone has to slow down and follow you. It's so much delicious, delicious power."

I know times are tough. But you can do better. And if impersonating a police officer is a crime, we shouldn't allow people to buy these cars because what else are they doing with them?
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.