Half-life 2 going gold!

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:39 am

If only someone could figure out how to "unlock" it...
unsigged. For the children.

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:55 am

You wanna know how I know HL2 went gold? I was reading the new copy of PCPowerplay, and at the back, where was a huge HL2 logo on a black background with 2 words: It's done :mrgreen:
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:43 pm

...that doesn't mean it's gone gold. That could mean they finished it and now start testing.

gaspar
Redshirt

Post by gaspar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:46 pm

Well all I know is that the CS:Source beta is a major teaser for how HL2 is going to be. I wasn't planning on pre ordering HL2, but that changed after about an hour of beta testing.

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:59 am

When ID said Doom III was "done", it was released a few weeks later. My guess is Valve don't wanna let Doom III have too much of a headstart.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Mista
Redshirt

Re: Half-life 2 going gold!

Post by Mista » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:55 pm

Hmm...I seriously doubt Doom III would have any effect on sales of Half-Life 2. They are two completely different games. If it was just another shoot 'em up then yeah Doom III would get all the sales, but Half-Life 2 has a lot going for it. I mean some people are going to buy it for the story. Some people are going to buy it for the multiplayer mode (CS for example), some people are going to buy it for fighting the monsters (I for one can't wait to see what this new headcrab does Image
Some people want to try the new weapons (such as the anti-gravity gun), some people are rich enough to buy every game they want (those bastards)

Anyway who cares when it comes out? That just means it'll be more complete when it's released.

Seraphim
Redshirt

Post by Seraphim » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:52 pm

You wanna know how I know HL2 went gold? I was reading the new copy of PCPowerplay, and at the back, where was a huge HL2 logo on a black background with 2 words: It's done
Yea that came up on the HL2 fall out forums. Long story short: BS.

The two main RC's are September 15th. And November 1st. So it's either coming out in a week or two, or almost 2 months. On one hand Valve is almost ready to ship (they said they'd be ready by Sep. 15th). On the other hand they may wait to actually get them to the stores, so they can make more money on christmas.
Anyway who cares when it comes out? That just means it'll be more complete when it's released.
Not at all. The game is done, finished nothing more to do to it, then maybe a few bug fixes (maybe). Once the 15th has passes (give or take a few days) no more work is being done on it. If it's not going gold, by the 15th it's purely for profit reasons, and has nothing to do with work on the game.

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 pm

I should have specified when I said complete I mean without bugs.

Seraphim
Redshirt

Post by Seraphim » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:31 pm

My point is that it may not come out for 1 and 1/2 months after being complete. And thats just when it goes gold. It still wouldn't hit shelves untill latish November-early December.

Of course nothing is for certain, I'm just pointing out that that is one of the 2 major Rc's

FireAza
Redshirt

Post by FireAza » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:10 am

[quote="Seraphim";p="393542"]Yea that came up on the HL2 fall out forums. Long story short: BS.[/quote]
Hmmm.. It'll be interesting to see what next month's issue will be like then :D

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:27 pm

Seriously though, that new head crab looks bad ass right? Who's with me?

Seraphim
Redshirt

Post by Seraphim » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 pm

Mista
Redshirt

Post by Mista » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:59 am

That's quite vauge. I liked the "going gold on monday" thing better...

Seraphim
Redshirt

Post by Seraphim » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:08 pm

Okay. Valve sent a September RC to VU. If Vu accepts then they will make a going gold announcement, anywhere between 2 days(this was 2 days ago) and 2-3 weeks. Which would mean it would be on shelves by late september to early October. If the don't accept (valve is done with it, so if they don't it's marketing not quality) then it will hit shelves by Nov. 1st.

randomperson2
Redshirt

Post by randomperson2 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:12 pm

first release candidate of Half-Life 2 has been sent to Vivendi Universal. At this point, they'll test it and determine if it's ready for retail release
Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.

<Randomperson2> Yes I am pretty sure my computer is trying to commit suicide.
<RembrantQEinstein> Just watch to see if random Emo tracks start appearing in your playlists.