Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Deacon » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 am

Rorschach wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:47 am Deacon, are you watching Al Murray's The Pub Landlord? That was a real Pub Landlordism. Although perhaps just a coincidence.
Never heard of it.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

gravity
Redshirt

Post by gravity » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 am

Rant: forgot to mention to the doctor that I have the red head gene so when they tried to put me under twilight anesthesia for the egg retrieval, I just got a little woozy and couldn't move my body, but I didn't go under at all. Thankfully egg retrieval doesn't hurt that much, it's just some needles, so it wasn't an issue.

Rave: eight eggs retrieved, and five are grade 1 after three days! Grade 1 is the best, it means full normal development without any sign of issue. One is grade 2 with minor fragmentation. Now they go one ice to prepare for implantation next month (studies show there's a much higher success rate of full term development if they're implanted the next month. The medication that encourages egg development screws with the uterine lining making implantation less successful).

Rant: I made cookies and ate too many and now I have a tummy ache.

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Post by Jamie Bond » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Cool :D
"Go get the Happy!"

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 am

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the proximity of the egg chat and the cookie chat. :lol:
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Rave: After 18 years and 11 months I quit my job at the marina there were a lot of reasons but one of the main ones is the main manager is retiring and instead of offering it to me they decided they wanted to bring in "New" (ie cheaper) blood. I honestly didn't even want the position but since I had cut back from 4 10 hour days to 3 10 hour days so I could work a second job (vet tech) they felt my attention was not solely on them (well duh).

Rant: I have been working 7 days a week for the last year between the two jobs and knocking myself out. So I decided to look for a weekend only job, quit the marina, and still work at the vet's office which would still give me an entire day off.

Rave: I applied for the weekend job, they called within an hour and said I had impressed them so much they wanted to offer me a full time job with benefits and a huge pay hike.

Rant: I had to quit my job at the vets as well to take this job. I really like the work but the management is terrible and acts like we are interchangeable monkeys, I really like my coworkers though some really smart funny women I am going to truly miss. I did agree to work one day a week at vets for the next 90 days while they try to find a replacement.

Rave: I found out they had a second position with a great pay bump and talked one of my friends at vets to applying for it because she would rock it so hard and they hired her as well.

Rant/Rave: Tomorrow is my last day at the marina, it is bittersweet. I am nervous about stepping into a manager's position in a new area for me(property management). Wish me luck!
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Wow. Big changes indeed. Are you going to get a longer lie in the mornings you're not at the marina now?

Best of luck with the new position. When do you start?
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:54 pm

If I get up before 6AM again it's because something is on fire lol. I start on the 15th the guy who does the training is gone this next week and I kind of wanted a week to just get some projects completed and take a breath.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:28 am

FirebirdNC wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm Rave: After 18 years and 11 months I quit my job at the marina there were a lot of reasons but one of the main ones is the main manager is retiring and instead of offering it to me they decided they wanted to bring in "New" (ie cheaper) blood. I honestly didn't even want the position but since I had cut back from 4 10 hour days to 3 10 hour days so I could work a second job (vet tech) they felt my attention was not solely on them (well duh).

Rant: I have been working 7 days a week for the last year between the two jobs and knocking myself out. So I decided to look for a weekend only job, quit the marina, and still work at the vet's office which would still give me an entire day off.

Rave: I applied for the weekend job, they called within an hour and said I had impressed them so much they wanted to offer me a full time job with benefits and a huge pay hike.

Rant: I had to quit my job at the vets as well to take this job. I really like the work but the management is terrible and acts like we are interchangeable monkeys, I really like my coworkers though some really smart funny women I am going to truly miss. I did agree to work one day a week at vets for the next 90 days while they try to find a replacement.

Rave: I found out they had a second position with a great pay bump and talked one of my friends at vets to applying for it because she would rock it so hard and they hired her as well.

Rant/Rave: Tomorrow is my last day at the marina, it is bittersweet. I am nervous about stepping into a manager's position in a new area for me(property management). Wish me luck!
That sounds legitimately awesome all around, and I’m. Retain you’re going to kill it in the new position!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Rave: Got my first COVID vaccination, getting final one some time in the next 12 weeks. One step closer to being able to visit my family in person again.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Blackjack wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm Rave: Got my first COVID vaccination, getting final one some time in the next 12 weeks. One step closer to being able to visit my family in person again.
Excellent news. I trust Jeeves had his also.
To Let

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 am

I think Jeeves is a vampire or something, he'll outlive us all.

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 am

Rave: As a "forever-DM" who hasn't go to be a player in D&D since a very brief couple sessions years ago, one of my players has said they're going to be running a longer campaign that I'll be able to really sink my teeth into.
I'm going to be playing a trickster harlequin-style bard who has a penchant for shadow illusions.
I am so hype.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Rant: They think it's all over.

Rave: It is ciao!
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:48 pm

Rorschach wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 pm Rant: They think it's all over.

Rave: It is ciao!
I require more data input.

raptor9k
Redshirt

Post by raptor9k » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:11 pm

Soccer. Italy beat England.