Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
nosystemd
Redshirt

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by nosystemd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Deacon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:22 pm ...in dog years?
I mean, orientation (who you are into) tends to come along earlier than demonstration (who you are with). It really depends what we are talking about here.

Seannery
Redshirt

Post by Seannery » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:14 am

I'm sure whatever orientation---just as whatever thoughts or feelings---cannot be bad. It's the actions that matter: the consequences. Of course, thoughts and feelings affect actions, but it's the actions, not the intent behind them, that should matter.
But my point was, it's a good reminder that it's kinda really dangerous for me out here, if I'm perfectly honest. At least perfect honesty isn't considered a virtue by.. anyone, really. Out here, I mean. Everyone has something to hide, and enough persons seem to understand that most secrets are benign. Sexuality seems to be not considered benign. My response---an effete protest---to that condition, long ago, was to cease all (interpersonal) acts of sexuality---proscribed or not: if I'm not let to give my intimacy to these persons, I figured to not skew things their way, I'd not give anyone my intimacy, either.
I should probably move.
Do tell me, always, in what way I'm not good.. I'm not used to silent tolerance.
liberté, égalité, muliebrité
τ > π wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:57 amOnward! To our selves. To the future.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:23 am

Rorschach wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:05 am
FirebirdNC wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:51 pm
Rorschach wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:16 am Seir, good to hear you're meandering in the right direction albeit probably quite slowly. Hope you have a good week.
How about you Rors, are you wandering in the right direction? I know things have been wonky for you lately.
I am well. Thank you. Not much further forward than I was in August. Still waiting for solicitors to get their fingers out of their arses. Still waiting for any movement in this house sale. Still sleeping on the living room floor. I made the wise decision of not being a Scottish man about it and spoke to my doctor a few months ago so now I have some anti-depression and anti-anxiety tablets which have made a huge difference to me. I only wish I'd done it years ago. And they have mostly curbed my libido's howling at the moon.

A little family drama. A little work stress. Nothing unusual in these times, I fear.

But, and trying to do this with minimal Joeyness, how you doing?
I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and understand that sometimes we all need a helping hand or medication :). You will one day get to look at this in the rearview I promise.

Still working 7 days a week at 2 jobs because I am too stubborn to give one up lol. Plus I like paying bills and then still being able to have dinner out if I want. Its not a bad way to roll.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:03 am

Rave: My state just voted to legalize marijuana.
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:24 am

Seir wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:03 am Rave: My state just voted to legalize marijuana.
Really? Nice! I’m not a huge fan of the stuff myself, but I can’t imagine any reason to avoid legalizing it.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

nosystemd
Redshirt

Post by nosystemd » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:07 am

Seir wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:03 am Rave: My state just voted to legalize marijuana.
Let me be the first to welcome your state to the 21st century. It sucks here, though at least agriculture is now legal.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:03 pm

FirebirdNC wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:23 am Still working 7 days a week at 2 jobs because I am too stubborn to give one up lol. Plus I like paying bills and then still being able to have dinner out if I want.
On your last point, and apropos of not much, the recent UK government scheme to revitalise the hospitality industry by means of partially subsidising diners was called 'Eat Out to Help Out'.

A sentiment with which I think we can all agree.
To Let

τ > π
Redshirt

Post by τ > π » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:05 pm

We have a similar scheme for our hospital industry. Doctors give patients free cigarettes. Patients are eager for medical treatment. Reduces social-security spending, too.

nosystemd
Redshirt

Post by nosystemd » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am

Rorschach wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:03 pm the recent UK government scheme to revitalise the hospitality industry by means of partially subsidising diners was called 'Eat Out to Help Out'.

And just whom is in charge of the British economy now-- Mrs. Slocombe?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 pm

nosystemd wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am
Rorschach wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:03 pm'Eat Out to Help Out'.
And just whom is in charge of the British economy now-- Mrs. Slocombe?
Apparently Dr. Ruth.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 am

Rant: I didn't care much for televangelists when I was a kid because it made for boring tv on Sundays. Now that I'm an adult I've yet to find one that I don't see as scum, especially those that are espousing the so called "prosperity gospel."
Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 am

Yeah, I'm getting a little worried about the fundamentalist nature of some American Christianity nowadays. Prayer and governance make for unfortunate bedfellows. The fact that not only does Trump have a 'spiritual advisor', but that she is gabbling utter nonsense is worrying. I don't think for a minute she believes what she's saying, but plenty of armed and motivated loonballs apparently do.
To Let

Seir
Redshirt

Post by Seir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:09 am

Yeah, it doesn't seem as bad in "blue" states but I've heard in the more Southern "red" states the fundamentalist Christians are more apparent in everyday life down there.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Rave: Out of sheer boredom, I started watching Ancient Aliens on Netflix and now I'm binging it. It's absolutely terrific. Utterly utterly bonkers.
I am going to start beginning everything I say in my life and work with "According to ancient alien theorists..."

Rant: After so many hours, you start thinking "Actually, that makes sense" and "Yeah, I could see that".
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:32 am

Don’t worry, they’re giving you all the information and an objective and rational analysis.