Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Rave: With restrictions easing, electrolysis is back on the table, though only on my neck for now since both myself and my electrologist continue to wear maks.

Rant: Since I can't shave if I want the hair removed properly, I have a *literal* neckbeard now.

10 sessions down, only ~90+ to go... *sigh*
In vino veritas
In aqua sanitas

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:06 am

Sir Spankspeople wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Rave: With restrictions easing, electrolysis is back on the table, though only on my neck for now since both myself and my electrologist continue to wear maks.

Rant: Since I can't shave if I want the hair removed properly, I have a *literal* neckbeard now.

10 sessions down, only ~90+ to go... *sigh*
How painful is the actual treatment? 90 to go? wow good luck to you.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 am

Is it permanent after 90 treatments, Spanks? Or by that point does the hormone therapy kick in?
To Let

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm

Hormone therapy will make hair grow in a bit more slowly and thinner, but once the beard has grown in it'll never stop on its own. Laser will reduce it, but it could eventually come back, and I'm not a good candidate anyways, being very blonde.

Electrolysis goes in with a needle, one hair at a time, and shocks the follicle, causing the bulb to explode, killing the root, so it's permanent. The issue is that it only really works during certain stages of hair growth, and there's no way to tell which stage the hair is in until you pull it out. The only way to get it all is to do a full pass, and then keep doing it.

Average is between 100-200 sessions, though *thankfully* my facial hair is pretty sparse. The individual hairs are extremely thick and tough, but she's worked out the correct needle width and power to do it fairly easily. Last week we did a full pass of the neck, and this week we're going to do the underside of the chin.

Neck I barely feel it, for the most part, which is unusual, but as she goes further north it gets more and more painful, with the upper lip basically being the worst.
In vino veritas
In aqua sanitas

Some Egrets
Crazy Person

Post by Some Egrets » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:40 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaa geez and here I thought having to give myself one little jab a day was a hassle, I mean, I knew that's *how* it worked, but not the gritty details, y'know?

Mae Dean
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Post by Mae Dean » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:32 pm

I did 5 laser sessions which definitely lightened things, but I still get a "scruff" I can feel after about 2-3 days. It's not really visible, but it's still a huge issue for me.

I was just planning on trying to see an electrologist when the lockdown started, and I'm being way too paranoid about it to even consider it until there's a potential vaccine. I'm glad you're able to get back on it! :D

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:57 am

Rant: Grant Imahara has passed away.

Rave: I don't know. I'm struggling here. Um. Weight Watchers is working quite well?
To Let

keozen
Crazy Person

Post by keozen » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am

Rant: Grant's death is heartbreaking & my aunt is back in hospital with COVID

Rave: Similar to you Rorschach, week 2 on the new exercise/diet regime is underway well, week 2 is where I normally have willpower issues so we'll see what happens, cross fingers
Matt
"The answer to a question nobody asked."

Kersus
Crazy Person

Post by Kersus » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Been working from home since March due to Covid restrictions and now they're trickling us back in to work. My wife is due to pop in 5 weeks and now I'm ultra paranoid about catching it and not being able to be in the hospital with her when it's time!

Rant: I don't know how the rant / rave system works
Rave: God dammit!

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:31 am

keozen wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am
Rave: Similar to you Rorschach, week 2 on the new exercise/diet regime is underway well

What is it you're doing?

Hope your aunt recovers quickly and, Kersus, I hope everything goes well at work. Jesus. As if childbirth isn't stressful enough.
To Let

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:46 am

Rant: So the house market is fucked. Utterly fucked. Pinned-down-while-pretending-to-weakly-struggle-and-telling-Omar-to-hurry-up-because-your-husband-might-be-home-at-any-minute fucked.
Oh no, not for the estate agents. They can barely hear the puggy for the till. Or for the solicitors. They're going like a fair.
And the sellers, too. They're laughing. Just for the poor buyers. Houses are on the market a week before going to close and going for way over their valuation. Like stoopid over. And thanks to the 95% mortgages being a thing of pre-The Event, a deposit that would have gotten you a very decent house in the past is just not enough on 90%.
Seems like everyone has spent the last four months stuck inside thinking about how much they hate their homes and how they'll do anything for a move. Third week of the summer holidays and I'm spending it viewing houses. Fuck my fucking luck.

Rant: FODMAP

Rant: Scottish weather

Rant: Moaning cunts

Rave: I read somewhere you can lose fat and build muscle as long as you eat plenty of protein (Mav...?) so it's meat three meals a day after years of marital vegetarianism. And also because of FODMAP.
Last edited by Rorschach on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Let

keozen
Crazy Person

Post by keozen » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:29 am

Rorschach wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:31 am
keozen wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am
Rave: Similar to you Rorschach, week 2 on the new exercise/diet regime is underway well

What is it you're doing?

Hope your aunt recovers quickly and, Kersus, I hope everything goes well at work. Jesus. As if childbirth isn't stressful enough.
I'm doing the fabled "Have a calorie goal that will give a healthy level of weight loss and just eat under it you fat arsehole" diet which is getting to that "a week in and now my stomach has realised that I'm serious and haven't just 'not been to the shops' so is relenting with the mega hungrys (this is usually the bit that, if I get through, I'm fine after).

Exercise wise I'm just trying to be active every day. I work in Info sec and am working from home at the moment so am doing my best to go out on my lunch break for a run every day during the week with a walk out with my wife at a weekend.

My Aunt is in the middle of a BUNCH of tests at the moment. I'm super worried about her lungs but almost more worried about her mental health to be honest. She lost her partner a couple of years ago and hasn't been doing well since then. She's now in hospital two wards over from where he died and it's hitting her hard.

With that in mind my Rant is: Shit times be shit

My rave is: well, I have a cuppa, there's that at least
Matt

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:36 am

I'm doing the fabled "Have a calorie goal that will give a healthy level of weight loss and just eat under it you fat arsehole" diet which is getting to that "a week in and now my stomach has realised that I'm serious and haven't just 'not been to the shops' so is relenting with the mega hungrys (this is usually the bit that, if I get through, I'm fine after).
---
Different strokes. If that works for you, best of luck with it.
Probably the most dramatic effects I've seen have been on the 5:2, but it comes with a lot of drawbacks. Mostly exhaustion. And you can forget exercise. I'm doing WW at the moment and that's been quite good. You tell it what a tubby cunt you are and it orders you around during the day and tells you how much you're allowed to eat. The app even measures it for you.
But good luck whichever method you're doing. After a certain point in life, it becomes just so much more difficult, doesn't it?

And yes, that does sound shit. Fingers crossed your aunt gets out and soon.
To Let

keozen
Crazy Person

Post by keozen » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 am

I have other food issues that make traditional diets less easy for me so I kinda have to just stick to what works "best". I gotta agree that you get to point in life where it all gets a bit more difficult.

Losing weight is so much harder than maintaining and I really wish that "Mid 20s Matt" had done this a decade ago when this ol body was a bit younger but eh well. Hard mode it is. At least I'm going to try and get it sorted before "Mid 40s Matt" has a crack at whatever I leave him.
Matt

Seir
Crazy Person

Post by Seir » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:32 am

Behold, the results of open-heart surgery. As you can figure, the vertical line is where they cracked open my sternum and split my ribcage open. The oblong scabs are where they inserted the chest tubes.

Rave: The pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.