Privatization

Perspectives on our world and our universe, how it works, what is happening, and why it happens. Whether by a hidden hand or natural laws, we come together to hash it out, and perhaps provide a little bit of education and enlightenment for others. This is a place for civil discussion. Please keep it that way.
Forum rules
1) Remain civil. Respect others' rights to their viewpoints, even if you believe them to be completely wrong.
2) Sourcing your information is highly recommended. Plagiarism will get you banned.
3) Please create a new thread for a new topic, even if you think it might not get a lot of responses. Do not create mega-threads.
4) If you think the subject of a thread is not important enough to merit a post, simply avoid posting in it. If enough people agree, it will fall off the page soon enough.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Privatization

Post by Deacon » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 pm

raptor9k wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:06 pm
Sorry, I should've clarified, bot was in quotes because they're real people that are paid to post online all day. Some platforms make it easy to deploy actual bots (twitter) but others require live people to spread their misinformation. It sort of fits the profile of a human in a click factory fed random places to post by software running keyword searches. Though, this could very easily be just some rando clicking around that has a thing for the topic and decided to register and add his $.02.
Got it, and I agree 100% :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:38 pm

raptor9k wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Russian 'bot'? I know they pay troll farms to boost 'conservative' viewpoints on social media. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've branched out into semi-private forums.
Ukrainian, actually. Or at least the IP address is from a Ukrainian company. Technically, the post doesn't violate the rules, but the account bears watching.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Seir
Crazy Person

Post by Seir » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:27 pm

That reminds me, I wonder what ever happened to Makh.

Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Post by Martin Blank » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:24 pm

He's infiltrated the Kremlin and is working his way up.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Seir wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:27 pm
That reminds me, I wonder what ever happened to Makh.
In Soviet Russia, Mahk misses us!

:(
To Let