Whats in a name?

Talk about whatever you feel like.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Whats in a name?

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 am

So in the last couple of months, my husband got both his real estate broker license and his home inspection license. We have been trying to think of a name for the home inspection business as this will be his own company. He will be working under his current employer for the time being for the real estate license. I am just drawing a blank for a good name. On one hand, we wanted to do something specific to our area (Island, OBX, Hatteras, NC) but he is also well known by name in the real estate/building community and he has a distinctive name (I.G.) so I also feel like name recognition is important. The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is a national icon so the current front runner is Beacon Inspections (with the logo having both i's be lighthouses) followed by Coastal Inspections. You guys have shown over the years some pretty thoughtful wordplay so I am throwing this out here in the hopes someone has a more clever idea than I do. I just hate to invest the time in branding (website, cards, logo, etc) to then have the perfect name pop up. Help a sistah out!
~Insert clever bon mot here~

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: Whats in a name?

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:46 pm

I expected a lot more creative juices to be flying at me.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Realty offices can bear a person’s name, of course, though usually a last name. Sometimes a longer view precludes a person’s name or locality under the auspices of expansion and the possibility of a later sale, and then there’s the question of SEO. But “I.G. Realty Services” might work. Or more broadly “I.G. Realty and Inspection of OBX” to cram it all in. “OBXtra” lol
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:28 pm

A house inspector?

Sherlock Homes?

No. I’ve got nothing.
To Let

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Post by Martin Blank » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Beacon Inspections sounds more associated with watercraft to me. Coastal Inspections is better, but doesn't feel like it has the twist you're looking for. I shall ponder.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:54 pm

The Werefrog read that as "Bacon Inspections", and so, just throwing that out there. Who doesn't like bacon?
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:00 pm

There are probably one or two religions that wouldn’t be keen.
Can’t think of any off the top of my head though.
To Let