What to play?

Play it? Watch it? Listen to it? Post it! Discuss Movies, TV, DVDs, CDs, and Evangelion! Compare Computer, Video, Pen & Paper, Sports, and any other games you want. Most anything entertaining is fair game.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

What to play?

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 pm

So I have been on the lookout for a new game to play. I really love Warcraft but almost solely for the questing aspect. I am old and my twitch reflex to try and mash a bunch of buttons to kick somethings ass is pretty laughable. I like the more relax/explore type of gameplay. I have been told I might like Witcher 3, Divinity OS 2 or Skyrim. Anyone played these or have any other games to suggest? I don't really want to spend $50 and then find I hate it.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Seir
Crazy Person

Re: What to play?

Post by Seir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 am

You can't go wrong with any of those RPG's that you mentioned, all three of them are great, it's just a matter of whether you want to play in first/third person or 3/4's overhead.

For the exploration type of game I recommend Subnautica where you play the survivor of a starship that crashed onto waterworld.

If you want something that's relaxing I definitely recommend Stardew Valley, which is the PC's answer to animal crossing.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that if you're into JRPG's there's Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.

Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

I like pie
Crazy Person
Omnicode: Web developer, indie game developer, writer, musician, cartoonist. I love to create.

Post by I like pie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 am

If you don't mind the plug, I run a old web game called Imperial Conflict. It's definitely not a button masher lol. We've been around for about 18 years and are always happy to welcome new players. :)
"It's like Garr and Andre 3000 of Outkast had a child!" -- StruckingFuggle p339018

Review Real Life Comics!

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Seir wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 am
You can't go wrong with any of those RPG's that you mentioned, all three of them are great, it's just a matter of whether you want to play in first/third person or 3/4's overhead.

For the exploration type of game I recommend Subnautica where you play the survivor of a starship that crashed onto waterworld.

If you want something that's relaxing I definitely recommend Stardew Valley, which is the PC's answer to animal crossing.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that if you're into JRPG's there's Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age.
Thanks for the info! I actually downloaded Subnautica a couple of weeks ago they had it free for 24 hours. My habitat is looking pretty spiffy already :).

Seir
Crazy Person

Post by Seir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Is it me or is Magnitite a bitch to find?

Yo Mav, I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish but Hirschoff had the best sig trends of all time.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Seir wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Is it me or is Magnitite a bitch to find?
I will let you know when I find some :P.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:45 pm

I am a cowboy and will be for years to come, by the looks of things.

Who knew choosing which bait to fish with was such an integral part of the Wild West lifestyle?
To Let

volebagels
Crazy Person

Post by volebagels » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Get some Halo 5 online! It's really the best with the Super Fiesta mode, as you get 2 different weapons every time you respawn

volebagels
Crazy Person

Post by volebagels » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 am

Who's playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online? I only finished the main story recently, but haven't gotten around to trying the online version yet.