This is why I can't do business with Amazon

Perspectives on our world and our universe, how it works, what is happening, and why it happens. Whether by a hidden hand or natural laws, we come together to hash it out, and perhaps provide a little bit of education and enlightenment for others. This is a place for civil discussion. Please keep it that way.
Forum rules
1) Remain civil. Respect others' rights to their viewpoints, even if you believe them to be completely wrong.
2) Sourcing your information is highly recommended. Plagiarism will get you banned.
3) Please create a new thread for a new topic, even if you think it might not get a lot of responses. Do not create mega-threads.
4) If you think the subject of a thread is not important enough to merit a post, simply avoid posting in it. If enough people agree, it will fall off the page soon enough.
nosystemd
Crazy Person
Omnicode: -Begin OmniCode! version 0.1.7 ----------------
sxy spO.pan anC rl? Pll PrFig
-End OmniCode!--------------------------------

This is why I can't do business with Amazon

Post by nosystemd » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Actually I was a happy Amazon customer until they did e-books. The idea of a future where publishers control access to books after their purchase isn't something I can support, I've actually boycotted Amazon for years.

I think we need an alternative: https://www.alphr.com/business/1009730/ ... nd-arrests

Unfortunately the alternative will probably be robots instead of workers, since the only things that scale to their demands are robots and mistreated human workers. Disputed, but this kind of story keeps coming up-- I first read about it years ago. I do think a robot workforce is inevitable, I'm not excited about it, but this isn't how workers should be treated. The human workforce is broken, and it has always had major problems since the industrial revolution (or since Rome at the very least, but really longer.)