Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Very Amazing & Genuine Images of Netiquette Authorities

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:32 am

The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:57 am

Close! Lith is in Saitama city, which is in the prefecture of Saitama, which is where the city I'm staying is also. To further make things confusing, Saitama city has it's name written in hiragana while the prefecture of Saitama is written in kanji. One would think since the city is named for the prefecture that they would also write the name of the city in kanji, but they don't. Also, Saitama prefecture is considered a separate prefecture from Tokyo prefecture, but is often considered part of the greater Tokyo area. Geography!
Seir wrote:I might have missed it somewhere in the posts, but where are the two of your staying over in Japan?
Like my location says, I'm over in Hasuda City in Saitama.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Consider those hairs officially split ;)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Yeah, Saitama City is also a conglomerate of several small cities that were absorbed into it about five years ago. So, while I technically live in Saitama City, I live in what used to be the outskirts of Urawa near Yono. Where I am is considered to be a rural area. Though why I have no clue, it's slightly less dense city than Tokyo, but it's still a city proper. I generally prefer to get out into the Chichibu area, which is old farming towns in the mountains, because it's just nicer out there. A lot of the Japanese college students won't because they complain that there's no cell phone signal out there, and there's nothing to do.

I am now officially old enough to want to smack younger people and smash their cell phones.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:07 pm

How can there be an inch of an island about the size of New Mexico not covered in 5-bar signal? Apparently there's a technological splitbrain going on :)

Gravity, would it be fair to say you two live within 30 minutes of each other?

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Mountains make for shit reception, and the countryside doesn't have a lot of towers. Remember, this is the country where going out and renting a physical movie makes more sense than streaming it. I've had no issues in my apartment, but I don't use the internet outside of it so I don't know what signal quality is like compared to the US.

Yeah, I live about a half hour train ride south of him. But I also live a half hour train ride north of Tokyo, and Tokyo is a different prefecture.

Mav
Respect the Wang
Omnicode: Dickbutts

Post by Mav » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Sorry, just to clear up earlier confusion: traveling to japan, living there, enrolling in university, etc., is even more weeaboo. It is the most weeaboo. Both of you are weeaboo as shit. You are so weeaboo you have created a new, final-boss version of weeaboo. If you two met in person and shook hands, the combined weight of your weeabooness would rip a hole in the fabric of space-time and enter the world into the hellish weeaboo dimension.

Weeaboos.
Arc_Orion wrote:<Arc_Orion> Mav is like a very interestingly informed six year old.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:15 am

Mav, it's good to see that, in nearly fifteen years, your view of the world around you remains that of a whiny little child that refuses to move from the toy section until he gets his way.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:12 am

Mav wrote:Sorry, just to clear up earlier confusion: traveling to japan, living there, enrolling in university, etc., is even more weeaboo. It is the most weeaboo. Both of you are weeaboo as shit. You are so weeaboo you have created a new, final-boss version of weeaboo. If you two met in person and shook hands, the combined weight of your weeabooness would rip a hole in the fabric of space-time and enter the world into the hellish weeaboo dimension.

Weeaboos.
What if I told you in my case, international kidnapping, the yakuza and a prostitution ring were involved?

But in all seriousness, I'm glad I came over now instead of when I was younger and actually WAS a weeaboo. Otherwise I'd probably have creepy wallscrolls of half-dressed anime girls everywhere in my house like some of the other guys. As opposed to now where I just have retro video game consoles and Converse All Stars everywhere.
Deacon wrote:Consider those hairs officially split ;)
I'm like some kind of reverse conditioner!
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:08 am

I'd probably have creepy wallscrolls of half-dressed anime girls everywhere in my house
---
I am extremely disappointed if that isn't the case.
To Let

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:38 pm

I can confirm, he has no wall scrolls of half dressed girls in his house. Just more shoes than me, a shit ton of gaming consoles, a shit ton of video games, and some fully clothed statues of a few characters. And no moldy dishes, which already puts him on a level above most guys I know. No plants though. I always find myself disappointed in a place without a plant.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Rorschach wrote:I'd probably have creepy wallscrolls of half-dressed anime girls everywhere in my house
What are your opinions on sexy figurines? Would you have them in your house? What about ones were you can take her top off? What about ones that have been re-modeled to make her fully nude? Where does your limit lay, Rors?
gravity wrote:I can confirm, he has no wall scrolls of half dressed girls in his house. Just more shoes than me, a shit ton of gaming consoles, a shit ton of video games, and some fully clothed statues of a few characters. And no moldy dishes, which already puts him on a level above most guys I know. No plants though. I always find myself disappointed in a place without a plant.

Moldy dishes? Ew. What kinda guys do you know?

I do have plants! You didn't notice the planter trays on the floor? It's too cold for some of them to stay outside at night, so I bring them indoors and put them outside again in the day to catch some sunlight. I've got a few varieties of Venus fly traps, sundews and tropical pitcher plants that I grew from seed myself! Currently trying to get some cobra lilies going, but I think the medium is bad, they don't seem to want to sprout. I think I'll need to start over with living sphagnum moss this time.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:29 pm

FireAza wrote: Moldy dishes? Ew. What kinda guys do you know?
Dumb ones who like to fight over who should do the dishes and then never do them.
FireAza wrote: I do have plants! You didn't notice the planter trays on the floor? It's too cold for some of them to stay outside at night, so I bring them indoors and put them outside again in the day to catch some sunlight. I've got a few varieties of Venus fly traps, sundews and tropical pitcher plants that I grew from seed myself! Currently trying to get some cobra lilies going, but I think the medium is bad, they don't seem to want to sprout. I think I'll need to start over with living sphagnum moss this time.
I was wondering why you had empty planter trays on the floor, but, then again, I've seen guys keep those around as project trays when doing detail work on miniatures, so I assumed that. Is it warm enough during the day to keep the plants outside at the moment? I know that my strawberries struggled and now have to live inside full time. I've been thinking of picking up a paprika plant though, because those strawberries look a sad glance away from wilting. Of course I keep them warm at night with a little water bottle near them because most plants aren't as hearty as me in the cold.

Mav
Respect the Wang
Omnicode: Dickbutts

Post by Mav » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:34 pm

FireAza wrote:
Mav wrote:Sorry, just to clear up earlier confusion: traveling to japan, living there, enrolling in university, etc., is even more weeaboo. It is the most weeaboo. Both of you are weeaboo as shit. You are so weeaboo you have created a new, final-boss version of weeaboo. If you two met in person and shook hands, the combined weight of your weeabooness would rip a hole in the fabric of space-time and enter the world into the hellish weeaboo dimension.

Weeaboos.
What if I told you in my case, international kidnapping, the yakuza and a prostitution ring were involved?
This would have been acceptable.
Arc_Orion wrote:<Arc_Orion> Mav is like a very interestingly informed six year old.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:51 am

gravity wrote:
FireAza wrote: Moldy dishes? Ew. What kinda guys do you know?
Dumb ones who like to fight over who should do the dishes and then never do them.
FireAza wrote: I do have plants! You didn't notice the planter trays on the floor? It's too cold for some of them to stay outside at night, so I bring them indoors and put them outside again in the day to catch some sunlight. I've got a few varieties of Venus fly traps, sundews and tropical pitcher plants that I grew from seed myself! Currently trying to get some cobra lilies going, but I think the medium is bad, they don't seem to want to sprout. I think I'll need to start over with living sphagnum moss this time.
I was wondering why you had empty planter trays on the floor, but, then again, I've seen guys keep those around as project trays when doing detail work on miniatures, so I assumed that. Is it warm enough during the day to keep the plants outside at the moment? I know that my strawberries struggled and now have to live inside full time. I've been thinking of picking up a paprika plant though, because those strawberries look a sad glance away from wilting. Of course I keep them warm at night with a little water bottle near them because most plants aren't as hearty as me in the cold.
For now it's just warm enough. But in a few weeks, they'll probably have to stay inside all the time with a UV light.