COVID's touch

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
auntmousie
Crazy Person

Re: COVID's touch

Post by auntmousie » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Martin Blank wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:08 pm
For some uplifting news, our family friend who was at death’s door with a long list of co-morbidities; refusing medication, food, and water; refusing to communicate with family and friends; and transferred to hospice for palliative care, is recovering and planning to move to a new (hopefully competent) nursing home closer to family in Wisconsin. She’s not completely clear yet and is still testing positive, but this is an enormous turnaround from what everyone was expecting.
I'm glad to hear that she's turning a corner, and will continue to hope for the best. Sad to hear of your others. As far as I know I haven't lost anyone within my orbit yet, though my wife is already both immune- and lung-compromised, so if she gets it that's that. And my folks both have heart problems. So we're all collectively scared shitless.

The only casualties, so far, are (1) one of my cats, who died unexpectedly from an issue that we would have had a vet check out sooner but for COVID; and (2) my Sunday D&D group, which is probably dead for good since a couple of the players are relocating. Overall that's not such a bad tally, and I know others have been hit considerably harder.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

Winterbay_
Crazy Person

Re: COVID's touch

Post by Winterbay_ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:16 am

auntmousie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm
The only casualties, so far, are (1) one of my cats, who died unexpectedly from an issue that we would have had a vet check out sooner but for COVID; and (2) my Sunday D&D group, which is probably dead for good since a couple of the players are relocating. Overall that's not such a bad tally, and I know others have been hit considerably harder.
D&D via Discord/Zoom with Roll20 or D&D Beyond works relatively well to keep things running if needed.