Houses (and karma?)

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Re: Houses (and karma?)

Post by FirebirdNC » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:52 pm

You will find the spot for you, I hope your Karma of having someone get your house that will really love it and make it a home comes through. Finding the house is stressful but then comes the fun of packing up all your crap up lol. When I was in the Army we moved like every 2 years I got good at it. If I hadn't unpacked a box from the last move unless it was sentimental out it went. The perfect house is out there for you I just know it. Maybe just move to Texas and live on Deacon's property it would be a month before he realized it, by then you have squatters rights.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:16 pm

"WTF is that? I keep hearing 'wee' and 'cannae' in the distance and the sound of a vegetarian crying. What's going on here?"
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Deacon wrote:"WTF is that? I keep hearing 'wee' and 'cannae' in the distance and the sound of a vegetarian crying. What's going on here?"
And why does it look like someone has been rolling my blankets up and cuddling with them?

"The sound of a vegetarian crying" haha do they have a distinctive breathy sound due to their lack of meat solidity?

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 pm

They weep flax oil.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:34 pm

As it happens, we've just had an offer accepted for the place we were in love with first before the second place turned our heads.

It's probably back to being an inbetweener rather than a forever house but it'd still a pretty good consolation prize. :)

Now come the nervy few months. Here any party can pull the plug until the missives are complete.

For what it's worth, I'd love to live on Deacon's ranch. I think we all should. The RLF commune. RLFxit.
To Let

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Congrats! I'm hoping we can skip the inbetweener and go straight to our forever home but I don't really want to spend much over $250k on the next house if it can be helped. Apparently, I have expensive taste in home design. My ideal home would be timber frame construction with wood and stone everywhere.

Anyone can back out in the states but the norm is to put down $1000+ in earnest money with your offer to prove that you're serious. If you back out the seller keeps the cash. I actually know of a guy that's 3 deep in a chain of offers that hinge on the sale of their current home and the buyer of his house couldn't get a loan.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Rorschach wrote: For what it's worth, I'd love to live on Deacon's ranch. I think we all should. The RLF commune. RLFxit.
I'm in, I will just walk away from the deli debt and change my name lol.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 pm

I've heard worse ideas...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:42 am

Congrats, Rors! Now you can join us in squatting on Deacon's property! :?
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:37 am

Well the karmic confusion has been cleared up: the nice young newlyweds weren't the offer we accepted. We're selling to someone else completely.

Which was new to us. :p
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:32 am

So you accepted an offer and didn't know who it was from? Or were the nice newly wed couple a shill for some shady old creep?

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:36 am

I feel dreadful for saying this but the couple were an Asian-Scottish pair who were really keen.
We did also have an Asian taxi-driver who barely spoke a word of English and didn't seem to understand anything I was saying to him. Also, he only had one viewing.
So when the offer came in by a 'Mr Ahmad', we just assumed it was the first guy.

I R RaSICT
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Rorschach wrote:We did also have an Asian taxi-driver who barely spoke a word of English and didn't seem to understand anything I was saying to him.
Well, to be fair, you wonky Weegie...

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Aye, possibly. My spiel was wasted on him, to be honest. A shame because I had it down pat by that point.
To Let

Sir Spankspeople
Crazy Person

Post by Sir Spankspeople » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm

My plan was to spend a bit of money on one of the really inexpensive but nice houses on Prince Edward Island, as it's a much less stressful place than here in Ottawa, but they've already had so much snow the entire province has shut down at least twice so far this Winter.
Inflammatory signatures hurt us all...