Pfft. 'Doctors'.

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Rorschach
Crazy Person

Pfft. 'Doctors'.

Post by Rorschach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:51 am

What do they know?

'Extremely unlikely,' they said. 'Not without IVF,' they said.

Modern medical science tremble at my mighty potence once again!

And once again I'm telling you guys before my closest family or best friends. Mostly because it's super-early, partly because I'm not allowed to tell any of those people yet - just in case we're facebook friends - and the rest because in many ways and cases, I like you guys better.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Pfft. 'Doctors'.

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:34 am

Well congratulations to you and your mighty spermatozoa!

How super early?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am

Thank you. :)

About five or six weeks we think. According to some app Nicola used, D-Day is the 6th of December. Which was Cara's due date, albeit she ended up being nine days late.
So all being well, another Christmas baby.

It has to be said that once your first child has knackered your life anyway, you become a lot more relaxed and happy about repeat instalments it seems.

Yeah, we'll likely need to move and yeah, I'm not getting that VW Golf any time soon but on the other hand: bigger boobs. For months.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:07 am

Congrats on getting one past the goalie! You are right if you have one already you are already broke and broken might as well have two. You guys are making me feel old and I resent you for that, my youngest is in college :(. I was not a "planner" when it came to kids they just appeared. It sounds like from your first comments that you looked into having more kids and were told it would be difficult. I take it then this is happy news? You will have time for that VW Golf later and now you will have TWO options of who to burden when you get old and feeble. Good luck on the road ahead and thanks for sharing.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Rors as a dirty pensioner. That there's a thought.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 am

FirebirdNC wrote:It sounds like from your first comments that you looked into having more kids and were told it would be difficult. I take it then this is happy news?
I was told after chemo a couple of years ago that my count might suffer. We went, out of curiosity more than anything, about four-five months ago to the assisted contraception unit for a recount. I grimly wanked into a tube. Again. The nice doctor wasn't impressed with my contribution and went so far as to say it was extremely unlikely we would have more children. He was actually about to sign us up for IVF when Nicola told him we already had a child - which makes us ineligible for IVF under the NHS. I wonder how far it would have gone had she not volunteered that information.

I was OK with it, to be honest. I think Nicola was sadder than me but we stopped contraception - which is messier but more fun - as we thought we had a free pass. Ha. I'm pretty pleased, to be honest. Far more than I was when I found out about Cara. It's a human function that we forget how difficult it is: childbirth, baby-rearing, parenting, otherwise noone would ever have more than one child.

What larks.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Man I forgot you went through chemo...

If I were a more interested writer, I'm sure I could produce some sort of Facebook email chain about the inspiring story of a man who sacrificed his music career to help immigrants and devote his time to his wife and daughter and the chemo and the IVF disqualification and then the miracle.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand so, two suspected miscarriages later (suspected by us, the doctors were remarkably less panicky that we were), we limp towards that magical twelve week finish line where we can worry slightly less about it and focus on worrying about something else entirely.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 am

You are in for a long ride if there is already some issues. I sincerely hope that those are the last times you will have to panic. Until the baby is born and then as you said SO many more reasons to panic.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon May 16, 2016 11:43 am

Yeah. Aggressive implantation bleeding apparently. Or a leftover sack from a non-viable twin (!). They're not going to be sure until the twelve week scan but there have been a few Hammer House of Horror evenings round ours the last few weeks. Thank-you for your well-wishes though. :)
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon May 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Wow, it's hard for me to really relate, but clearly that's going to be a series of trying experiences. I'm hoping for nothing but good news for y'all, believe me!

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Rorschach wrote: Aggressive implantation
There are some funny things to be said here. Mav, Deacon help me out.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm

That's what got them into this predicament in the first place.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue May 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Ha ha. Oh you guys.
To Let

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue May 31, 2016 9:52 am

IZ BABY
To Let