More Mensajitos

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Re: More Mensajitos

Post by Cyberliger777 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:01 pm

I really hope you can get it replaced soon. My ex-wifes' parents had there heater blow up on them 10 year ago and I am not sure if they have replaced it even to this day. Gross.

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Dear home builders:

Why? On what planet does it make sense to put DRYWALL underneath a 50 gallon water tank? You know what happens when drywall gets saturated with water? IT TURNS TO A PLASTERY MUSH! Do you have ANY idea what a mess that is to clean up?!! There is now plaster all over the alcove, my garage floor, all my tools. Not to mention the old water heater just sunk into it, making it even harder to get it off the platform. And if the wood underneath is compromised, I will need to build a new platform and I SUCK AT CARPENTRY.

Dear old water heater:

I will destroy you with extreme prejudice once this is all over. Your failure to do your job coupled with the fact that you refused to drain makes me hate you even more. Trying to relocate a tank is hard enough. You also contained 50 gallons of water. You are fortunate that you waited to topple after we got you to ground level. Had you killed my stepson, I would have been angrier, especially since I would have had to clean that up too.

Dear new water heater:

I'm trying to get you gainfully employed. Maybe this afternoon. Just be patient.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Dr. Tower
Crazy Person

Post by Dr. Tower » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:41 am

Dear Teh Aml (it's highly unlikely he'll actually see this).

Crystal Pepsi is coming back.

Cheers,
Father of 3

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 am

My dearest doctor Tower:

He's on Facebook, you know :)
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:21 am

[quote="JermCool" Had you killed my stepson, I would have been angrier, especially since I would have had to clean that up too.
[/quote]
:lol:
I love a practical fellow.

Dear Sun

I know we don't see much of you here, but do you think you might choose a happy medium between being posted missing for months and coming back hot enough to kill most Glaswegians?

Yours
Not built for heat
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Please define "heat" in this context. I'm curious. It's been getting over 32C around here lately. Inside my house. Because I haven't had A/C operational since the end of May.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 pm

I think it topped about 24 today. Which is, scientifically speaking, too damned hot for here.
To Let

EvilElf
Crazy Person
Omnicode: 01001000 01100101 01101100 01110000 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100001

Post by EvilElf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Dear You have a virus callers
You just called someone who has an IT department, we are going to waste as much of your time as possible without giving you any money. Enjoy the time spent on the phone till you are handed to someone in IT where we will mess with you further.

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Deacon wrote:Please define "heat" in this context. I'm curious. It's been getting over 32C around here lately. Inside my house. Because I haven't had A/C operational since the end of May.
That sucks, Deac. We had that two years ago. Life quickly became unbearable.
Insert Banner Here

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:04 pm

EvilElf wrote:Dear You have a virus callers
You just called someone who has an IT department, we are going to waste as much of your time as possible without giving you any money. Enjoy the time spent on the phone till you are handed to someone in IT where we will mess with you further.
Ha ha ha. I love natural justice.

Dear neighbours.
For about the first time in eight or so years, I am perfectly happy with the three other houses in our block. You're all perfectly pleasant, quiet, tidy and polite.

Which makes me sneakingly suspect my family has moved up the arsehole table to the top slot.

Yours
Man who cannot stop his daughter jumping up and down on laminate flooring.
To Let

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Dear anybody who uses a jackhammer,

Can we agree that jackhammering should only begin after, say, 10 AM? Sleep in, relax, get a late start. Please.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Dear A/C repair guy,

Sigh. Also fuck you. You're a genial elderly man when you're in a good mood, but your customer service stinks, and your disinterest is frustrating. When you first came out and diagnosed that my old compressor was fried, while the newish internal air handler should be great for years to come, I broached the topic of switching to 410a refrigerant from the old R22. We both agreed that the internal air handler was originally designed for newer, cheaper 410a, and that it had been retrofitted with an R22 compatible expansion valve to accommodate the old compressor that the previous owner hadn't needed to replace at the time. You said that's not something we would do as part of this whole repair engagement.

Then when the R22 compressor finally arrives over a week later, and then a couple days later you see your way clear to coming out to install it, you say, "Hey, this would be a great time to switch to 410a. Just call the FUBAR home warranty company that's handling the repair and see if they'll approve that, I'll take this R22 compressor back with me, and maybe you want to wait another week week with no A/C to do that."

I wanted to take your head in my hands and explode it like The Mountain did The Viper of Dorn. Instead, I said no, stick me with a $450 bill for R22 because I'm not going another night with no A/C, much less another week. I'll deal with 410a 10 or 15 years down the road if/when something goes wrong. I have a brand new, quality LG compressor outside, a good Carrier interior unit that's not even 2 years old, and it cools the house very well. Fuck it.

Yours insincerely,
The guy who had to spend over 7 hours on the phone in just two days to get all this shit sorted, not including all the hours spread across other days.

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Deacon The Mountain I am scared.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 pm

They are about the same size, height-wise. I still can't believe he fit in my little Saturn.
Insert Banner Here

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 pm

At this point it probably would've been the same cost to have the guy fix it with a 410-a compressor and never even call AHS now that he's soundly fucked you with the R22 costs. Just think, you could've paid an extra $100 and had AC 3 weeks ago!
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon