Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Deacon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:19 am

Blackjack wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 amThankfully my window doesn't face the sun so I don't have much cause to wear them.
I mostly notice when I’m heading out or am coming in and need to glance at it for a moment to check something and realize it’s all black.
Wish I could say the same for my desk at work though. I can either be the idiot wearing sunglasses indoors or I can do a headache inducing clint eastwood impression.
At least when someone comes up and bothers you, you get the opportunity to keep that squint and turn your head slowly to stare them down. You can even pile on with a question for them regarding the extent to which they feel lucky.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Rave: I've gone mad and am buying more toys. I've wanted one for ages, but I've finally bought a Raspberry Pi - arrives next week :D

In the words of Peter Quill: I'm gonna make some weird shit!

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Be sure to share it when you do!
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Blackjack wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 pm Rave: I've gone mad and am buying more toys. I've wanted one for ages, but I've finally bought a Raspberry Pi
I genuinely assumed that was a MLP until I checked there.

Rant: So Cara ,who is 12 now and identifies as lesbian, and her little diverse group of friends had some little shit giving them some homophobic patter in the school playground on Monday. And he tried to snatch her Pride flag off her to put in the bin. I was raging until the school police liaison phoned this morning to say that all of that was true, but in the scuffle she went upside the wee wank's head.

Rave: Cara. Punching Nazis since 2021.

Rant: I'm sorry I won't get to meet this wee bell-end's dad. "So your son's a homophobe and he gets beaten up by lassies? Bad luck mate."

Rave: Her first (informal) police caution. A chip off the old block.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Other than her getting bullied for her choices, I love so much about your post Rors. Way to be a good dad :)
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Rorschach wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 pm I was raging until the school police liaison phoned this morning to say that all of that was true, but in the scuffle she went upside the wee wank's head.

Rave: Cara. Punching Nazis since 2021.
Your daughter is a badass! Bullies back down fast when you punch them in the face.

Blackjack
Redshirt

Post by Blackjack » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:47 pm

This is going to be a weird one but...
Rave: Holy shit I have depth perception

I got new glasses, I haven't worn glasses since my early teens. My right eye is perfect and my left eye is basically ignored by my brain, so glasses wouldn't help my general vision. Opticians have always said there wasn't any point in me getting glasses.

I went to the optician lately for light sensitivity. We tried a bunch of stuff, didn't work, so thought "fuck it, let's try glasses."
Got them today.
Put them on.
I can see fucking depth.
At will.
I don't have to focus or anything. What the fuck.
(Previously literally the only times I got a sense of depth perception was the 3DS or 3D cinema, that was it.)