Rattling around

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
bloodredhearts
Crazy Person
Omnicode: One shy of a six pack.

Re: Rattling around

Post by bloodredhearts » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 pm

BtEO wrote:I'm amusing myself imagining a far-future where the shattered survivors of an apocalyptic event find these writings and use them as the basis for their new society.
Like gospel, inscribed on golden plates?

A world of psychotic nerd culture, fornication, and sarcasm. ...Yeah, I'm okay with that.

Hirschof
Crazy Person

Post by Hirschof » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Deacon wrote:It's still a shame they took people's money and didn't produce or refund it. It appears they're assuaging their guilt by simply leaving it all behind.
The lack of effort and quick decent into apathy pissed off people more than the refund part. I simply gave up on the Book Two money. After a year, I knew I was never going to see it or anything from it. The time and money to get it back simply wasn't worth it to me.
JermCool wrote:Oh! Oh! I know the reason! It's a lack of Hirschof!
Severe deficiency can lead to mood swings, erectile dysfunction, and rash of the ass.
"Hirschof: So much more than a handy masturbatory image." -Rorschach
"I think Hirschof is neat." -Sophira

RIP RLF SIG Trend: Aug 2004 - Jan 2010.
mah facebook

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Hirschof wrote:
Severe deficiency can lead to mood swings, erectile dysfunction, and rash of the ass.
It's like your pelvis is my pumice stone.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 pm

That's why his groupies are known as the Rough Riders.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Martin's little stunt with the hosting switch drove quite a few of the original crowd (at least from when I joined) out. Then the Dean's absence sealed the deal. CS22 probably helped a few people rage quit as well.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:02 pm

raptor9k wrote: CS22 probably helped a few people rage quit as well.
Do you think? I honestly don't think he was any worse than some of the other less transigent posters, but then I didn't have many dealings with him, and when I did, I wiped the floor with him with contemptuous ease.
To Let

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Oh, hell yeah. For years he was super active and pretty much shitted up every thread he touched. Sure, it was 100% bullshit, but it definitely made me less interested in returning. That said, I was already well out of RLF-orbit by the time he showed up. I mean, Christ, I think 2003/4 was peak RLF for me. Kinda mind-blowing this place is still online!
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

I've just become nostalgic for a classic Deacon/Fuggle hatesnog thread.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm

I would probably be a lot better at it these days. But I would probably care less. Ah, age and experience are a double-edged sword.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Post by Cyberliger777 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Yeah know what turned me away from the forums all those years ago? It was the end of the role-playing sub-forum. That was my jam back in the day as I was still to young to care about the general chat and the rest of the forum. By the time I came back, everything had changed. It was like going away from college and trying to come back home only to find a ghost town.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Fri May 01, 2015 5:40 am

It saddens me to read so many people say things along the lines of 'I left, and when I came back, it was empty!'. I guess a lot of people undervalued their own contributions to the boards.
To Let

Cyberliger777
Crazy Person

Post by Cyberliger777 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 am

Hehe, I would say I had a small voice and not one of great impact. And one that would have slowly lost its voice anyway as the tech sub-forum and others died away. Even before this all happened, the forum seemed to be dumbing down or at least narrowing it scope to the point of losing a bit of it soul.
Of the top of my head, we have lost the role-play forum, tech forum, exercise forum, entertainment was condensed massively, and so on.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Fri May 01, 2015 10:30 am

It all counts, Cyberliger. I have a large post count (hurr hurr), yet haven't really said much with it.

I guess part of our downfall was the rejigging of the forums, locking of the megathreads etc. If so, I'm partly to blame for that as IIRC, I argued for it.

Cue Deacon saying 'I told you so'. :lol:
To Let

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Fri May 01, 2015 2:56 pm

I just got too busy to read or post. I kept telling myself I would come back some day, only now...it's so late. But look at who is here now! I think we just need to be patient...or we agree to find a new place to troll and go en masse and gloriously shape it into our own image. But that sounds like hard work.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Fri May 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Man, I forgot about Fuggle... those were some epic "debates" (cough ha cough ha cough) in SPPACE.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson