Namesakes emails

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

Namesakes emails

Post by Gowerlypuff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:30 pm

No, this is not the discussion about whether I am, in fact him. Or, in fact, any of the other ones linked on that page.

I'm talking about when you set up an e-mail address that you would want to use on a CV/resumé.
So, I'm not using Gowerly_tard@hotmail.com when looking for work. I would use my Gmail address, which is my name.

However, Google (and I don't know if this applies to other email addresses) ignores the full stop/period in email addresses.

So, my.email@gmail.com also gets mail for myemail@gmail.com.

Also, people are morons.

With that in mind. My alternate personas, if my emails are to believed:

A Realtor living in PA. I get some confidential housing information delivered to my gmail address, because why not.

A Texan Republican called Betty. This plays into my belief that I am, in fact, the antagonist from Kung Pow. I know David and Betty's home phone number their address and cell phone number

Someone who married someone with the surname Zerishnek. Their poor son, Seth Zerishnek-Gower goes to Norfolk Academy and is taking Algebra I and II this year. He also has recently turned in a form about some over the counter medication.

Someone called Saria, with a 2003 Honda Accord from McGrath. Apparently it's due for a scheduled maintenance. I also have all the insurance information, the VIN, the license plate information, the address of the owner, and some of their credit card information.

I have mailed or called, where possible the people that are trying to use my address for this (where possible) or the companies/people mailing them to let them know that they're using the wrong address. Sometimes they thank me, occasionally I get accused of hacking into my own e-mail account.

Anyone else get anything like this?
Last edited by Gowerlypuff on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sloth: Am I a year behind already?
February was some lyrics or quotes month or something. I don't even remember what year all this was.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Re: Namesakes emails

Post by Rorschach » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Ha. It's like Fight Club gone mad.

I don't get anything like this. I think my name may be unique.
To Let

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm

I get emails for a soccer mom in Maryland, USA who works at a school, was a member of a sorority in college, and signs up for weekly boxing match emails. We don't seem to have much in common, but I'm glad I share my name with a woman. There is someone else in Vancouver with my exact name, but he is a dude :/

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 pm

My primary email address is my screen name at Gmail. I was one of the first to get in on Gmail just because someone I knew happened to have an invite, but I was bitterly disappointed to learn that despite my early jump on things, Eric.Hall@gmail.com was already taken (with or without the dot), and ehall@gmail.com was too short. So I stuck with Deacon.

You would not BELIEVE the stuff I get in my inbox. People are idiots. Vehicle health reports, confidential health and financial and children and HR stuff, CareerBuilder.com accounts, tons of random emails from random people all over the world, signed up for all manner of random things, and an untold number of various church-related things. Even personal emails to (AND FROM!!) an Executive VP of Wells Fargo. It's incredible. Apparently deacon13@gmail.com forgets to put on the 13, for example.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 pm

I oddly almost never get email not meant for me probably because BtEO has remained a fairly sturdy handle for me. There was a time I could always guarantee getting it when I signed up to a new site; not so much these days — often four characters is too short, or spammers have registered all the 4 letter combos they can — but that's why I have the BtEtta (or occasionally bteorl) variant.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Namesakes emails

Post by Deacon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 am

Dear THOMAS DEACON,

A Clinical Summary for your recent office visit is now available at YourHealthFile patient portal. Please login to view the details.

http://www.yourhealthfile.com

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. HealthFusion, Inc. will not, therefore, be liable for the message if modified.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

Post by Gowerlypuff » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 am

<SomeoneElse> Gower

to me - My email verbatim. (Normally it's missing the "." - Sometimes it's davidgower24@gmail.com that forgets the 24 occasionally).

Email says:

I am attaching the scan of the receipt for the tire change and assistance. You can see if you think it is clear enough to send...
<Someone Else>

Scan contains:
Name
Address
Phone number
Car Make, Model, Colour, Mileage, License Plate, VIN
Their Signature.
And yes, I can read it fine. Thanks for asking!

--

Also get things like
"This document was securely signed using SignEasy App. " (AND THEN SENT TO THE WRONG PERSON)
Which then contains pricing information on houses, etc.

Alas I have never had mail meant for my Cricketing namesake. That would definitely be funny.
Sloth: Am I a year behind already?
February was some lyrics or quotes month or something. I don't even remember what year all this was.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

sneaky ninja wrote:There is someone else in Vancouver with my exact name, but he is a dude :/
Thanks for the heads-up. That might save some very awkward unexpected knock on the door/me wasting an airfare embarrassment.
To Let

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 pm

You're welcome :P I believe I'm the only woman in Canada bearing this name.

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Post by Martin Blank » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Someone with the first name of Joanne seems to not remember her correct e-mail address regularly. It's pretty mundane stuff--car service alerts and so forth. I just unsubscribe from them as soon as I get them, or in rare cases where it looks like a human will see it will reply and ask that they get their errors corrected.

There's also a family that has used one of my side Gmail accounts for their kids' school stuff, so I get notices about kids being absent, their lunch cards being short of money, homework notifications, and so forth. I've responded a few times to teachers that have used it, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Jezebel
Soapy's Choice

Post by Jezebel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:04 am

I am the only person in the universe with my first name/last name. There's only about 115 people total with even my last name. Woo?

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Post by Martin Blank » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 am

First, you get a sword. You know what must then be done.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Namesakes emails

Post by Deacon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Welcome to Hi-Rez Studios. Your account has been created.

USER ID: Deacon2120

Your master log in for all the games, the Answer Center and your Account on all Hi-Rez Studios websites.

The password that you provided during registration will work for both these IDs. Log in here.

Sigh.

Arres
Crazy Person

Post by Arres » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who got these. I recently had an interesting conversation with Allen Curtis's wife who had forgotten the numbers on his email when getting plane tickets. Hopefully, it's not also the Allen Curtis who tried to be a marriedbutlooking.com member. SIGH.
Sheldon wrote:For the record, I am waaaay an adult. Like, super-way.
The Ponynati said:You cannot escape us. You cannot stop us. Soon all the world will bow down to the power of ponies.
The Cid wrote:...the text message is the preferred method of communication for prepubescent girls. Bunch of grown men sending digital paper airplanes to each other. Give me a break.

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Woo, Toocy's birthday is coming up (wtf, "Toocy"????) and it looks like I'm invited to celebrate at the best spa in Baltimore! I need to let Annie know which services I'd like to use...I think Blair would like to request a massage with a happy ending, don't you?