The key to the executive washroom

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Rorschach
Crazy Person

The key to the executive washroom

Post by Rorschach » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 pm

I has it.

Anyway. What's worse to sit down on: A cold toilet seat at home, or a warm toilet seat at work?
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: The key to the executive washroom

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Really? There's an executive washroom? I thought you were teaching Weegie to greasy foreigners. Did that change, or did they suggest you run the place?

The answer to your question is really that the best one to sit on is the one that provides relief at that moment. There's not really a worst one, unless the toilet or surroundings are particularly badly designed and/or uncomfortable.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 pm

No, I'm being slightly hyperbolic. I'm still at the college but it's an old building full of horrid students. The bathroom provision (and specifically stalls, right? Men can generally pee into just about anything without much fuss) will be exactly whatever the legal minimum for the number of bodies on each floor is and not a single sheet of toilet paper more.

There are plenty of general use toilets here. But there are only two male staff bathrooms in the building but one is several floors away from me and, more to the point, is always busy. Even if you get a stall, it's a guarantee there's someone in the stall next to you. Nothing like hearing a colleague strain.

Anyway, the one other staff toilet in the building is a one-man affair. Twenty seconds from my office door. Cool and clean and pristine and always free and the few in the know have been refusing to part with the keycode for seven years, which is why it's cool and clean and pristine and always free.

I've just swapped a series of lesson plans for the magic number. If life gets any better than an (almost) private bathroom at work, I don't know how.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:12 pm

HA! That sounds perfect. I love that they've been keeping the key code hidden and secret. Hell, I love that there's a key code at all.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Post by Martin Blank » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 pm

I don't like using anything in the public men's rooms other than urinals precisely because I don't like to hear neighbors (who almost unanimously seem to be constipated people in their 50s with poor eating habits). At past jobs, I've happily used the most distant restrooms or held it until after hours to avoid such issues.

Were I to run a company, a private restroom would be my only abuse of power.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:41 pm

We have quite a large cohort of trainee chefs here. I'd say about forty percent of them wash their hands before leaving the bathroom.
To Let