Facebook bullshit

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Rorschach
Crazy Person

Re: Facebook bullshit

Post by Rorschach » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Ha ha ha. I've reposted that.

The mooks on my friend list won't get it.
To Let

ampersand
Crazy Person

Post by ampersand » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Facebook: It's something between a bad high school reunion and a Redneck party. Complete with burning couches.

Healer24
Crazy Person

Post by Healer24 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Rorschach wrote:Worryingly enough, my aunt posted this. Annoyingly, then so did almost every other older relative I have pretty much immediately which meant my news feed was full of this horror.
Completely made up story plus pulled out of the air statistic plus threat to try to force reposts. Yeah, that's terrible regardless of what the subject is. The only good one of these things I've ever seen was one about people being eaten by dragons.
"He was a genius - that is to say, a man who does superlatively and without obvious effort something that most people cannot do by the uttermost exertion of their abilities." - Robertson Davies

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't know, guys, it might be true. Back in high school I got a bunch of email forwards that said if I didn't pass them on to 6 of my friends, I would be unlucky in love for the next seven years. Well, needless to say, I didn't forward them and I'm pushing 14 years since then still single, so it must be consecutive sentences. God knows how many kittens I've sentenced to their dooms.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Webcam or it doesn't happen.
To Let

NorthernComfort
Crazy Person

Post by NorthernComfort » Wed May 28, 2014 4:01 am

I have come to peace with the big blue F. I signed up in 2006 and kept my account mostly inactive until about 2011. The change? My parents and grandparents joined. And it has helped us all stay in touch.

Of course FB is not cool, and probably will never be seen as particularly cool. That's okay. I heard a fun analogy. In the mid-to-late 90s, if somebody asked you if you had an email address, what would you say? Probably something like "Um, yeah, who doesn't." It wasn't cool or novel. (Gmail managed to trick us at first, but we eventually remembered it was just email.)

I think looking towards the future, the best analogy is having a landline phone. We all have cell phones and very few (at least in my demographic) have land lines. But what do we do when we have to get in touch, or lose our phones, or get a new number? We go back to ol' faithful and post on FB. That sort of utility is simply incredible looking down the road.
"I guess I have a gift for expressing pedestrian tastes. In a way, it's kind of depressing." -Bill Watterson

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:11 am

I went to the party and remembered what you said. You asked me not to drink alcohol, so I drank a Sprite instead. I felt proud of myself, as you said I should feel. You said I should not drink and drive, contrary to what some friends told me. I made a healthy choice and your advice was correct, as it always is.

When the party finally ended, people began to drive without being able to do so properly. I went to my car with the certainty that I would return home in peace. I never imagined what awaited me, Mom. Now I'm lying in the street and I hear the policeman say: "The kid that caused this accident was drunk". Mom, his voice seems so distant. My blood is spilled everywhere and I'm trying with all my might not to moan. I can hear the doctors say, "This girl is going to die". I have the certainty that the young man, who ran at full speed, decided to drink and drive, and now I have to die.

Why do people do this, Mom, knowing that this is going to ruin many lives? The pain is cutting me like a hundred knives. Tell my sister not to cry, tell Daddy to be strong. And when I go to Heaven, I'll be watching for you all. Someone should have taught that boy that it's wrong to drink and drive. Maybe if his parents would have told him that, I would not be dying now. My breath is getting weaker, more and more. Mom, these are my last moments and I feel so desperate. I wish I could hug you Mom, while I'm lying here dying. I wish I could tell you how much I love you, Mom. So... I... love... you... goodbye... "

These words were written by a reporter who witnessed the accident. The girl, as she died, was saying these words and the reporter wrote them down
ORLY
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:18 pm

*facepalm*
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922