Facebook bullshit

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Facebook bullshit

Post by Deacon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

"Vaguebooking" is what that nonsense is called.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Crazy Person

Re: Facebook bullshit

Post by The Cid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Just deactivated my account a few minutes ago. It feels freeing. I know there's a risk that old friends now have no way of getting in touch with me, but they haven't exactly done so over Facebook yet and I can't think of anyone I need to contact that I can't reach any other way.

So far, it feels good. I never spent much time on it, so I'm not exactly clearing out an addiction, but it's good to know that I can deactivate that account.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

cutie_corey
Crazy Person

Post by cutie_corey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

I tend to miss people I used to be close to, but have now moved away from and facebook is the best way for me to speak with others. I'm not a huge phone person, and don't use AIM anymore, so it lets me message them when I have time and keep in touch from a distance. Just the right amount of space, but close enough to reach out and support or celebrate big events if needed. Saying all that, I do have those people which I am close to that I see on a more regular basis and I don't really fb much with them. I tend to text them more regularly instead. I hope, as a culture, we continue to keep close friends and everything doesn't become fb only. It's all about balance.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 pm

So horrific, it justifies a necro:
ot a little visit from Tamsin at 2:15am. Came into my room and asked for milk. I lifted her into the bed. I told her we had no milk left and to go to sleep. Couple of mins later she said i want toast then. I said we had no bread. Few mins later she said she was going back to her bed and on the way she turned back and said we got milk in Tesco... Remember mummy... What can you say to that. So i got her milk and a biscuit(yes a biscuit is bad but no chance im making toast). So lesson learned. I can no longer try to fool wee Tammy. Way too clever for me. I went in to check on her and she is lying having her wee feast quite happy. She gave me the biggest smile and said " love you mummy". My heart melted... Love you too Tamsin.xxx
I hate you both.

One of my friends was wondering the other day, if you just replied to shit like this with 'So?', how long would it take you to be completely unfriended.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Facebook bullshit

Post by Deacon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Perfect response to the wee feast.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Healer24
Crazy Person

Post by Healer24 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm

One of the best things about facebook is this site.
"He was a genius - that is to say, a man who does superlatively and without obvious effort something that most people cannot do by the uttermost exertion of their abilities." - Robertson Davies

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Facebook bullshit

Post by Deacon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Ha! That site is blocked when you're on the corporate wifi of the Hockey Hall of Fame here in Toronto.

TheUnpredictable
Crazy Person
Omnicode: “Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” (John Lennon)

Post by TheUnpredictable » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Healer24 wrote:One of the best things about facebook is this site[/url].
LOL! Awesome site! How come I hadn´t heard about it before?!? :lol:

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 pm

On the recent allegations that the SAS were involved in the death of Princess Diana:
The black opps did they kill PD knowing she was about to open her private diary on CW and his way of life . The white Fiat was never found that's question ?
Now one of there own has put a spanner in the works
Lovely stuff.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Wow. So many things wrong with that, even if you keep the intended message and content separate.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 am

I'm sorry for the necro but this one has been festering away at me for days. It's like a huge scab I can't leave alone.
I return to it time and time again. Horrified but fascinated.

So Jesus, rather than intervene, watches the tragedy from the couch with his feet up. And for this we're to sook his boaby? What a cunt. Thinly-veiled threats. Coward.

Worryingly enough, my aunt posted this. Annoyingly, then so did almost every other older relative I have pretty much immediately which meant my news feed was full of this horror.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 am

Yeah I am pretty over the "post this or you killed a kitten" posts.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:52 am

That kind of crap just makes me less likely to post. Not that I was ever going to repost any chain-bullshit (that's not about some form of zombie awareness) anyway.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:38 pm

I support zombie awareness.

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 pm