Only in...

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
collegestudent22
Crazy Person

Re: Only in...

Post by collegestudent22 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:58 am

Just make sure it is transfat-free and low sodium butter, or Michelle Obama won't eat it. Number of calories doesn't matter, though.
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Only in...

Post by Deacon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Lucksi wrote:gaymongering
That's not really how you'd use that even if it were a real word. Much in the way a fish monger is a purveyor of fish (often from a fish stall in a market or a fish cart on the street) and a war monger is one who promotes and pushes war on people, a gay monger would be someone who fully backs gay rights, perhaps even obnoxiously calls for all people to try it.

See http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict ... ord=monger for more info.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

The Cid
Crazy Person

Post by The Cid » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

collegestudent22
Crazy Person

Post by collegestudent22 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 am

I thought you could only get a DUI on public roads. Also, if he was drunk, why does it matter? Isn't the point of a demolition derby TO crash into others?
Frédéric Bastiat wrote:And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works.
Count Axel Oxenstierna wrote:Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Which part, out of curiosity? That they're trying to make her pay for a cavity search or that she's fighting it?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

ampersand
Crazy Person

Post by ampersand » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 am

Only in Arkansas...

A couple of things. The headline made it read like there's some Redneck Mafia that wanted to teach the meteorologist a lesson because of a really bad forecast. It's something I would have expected to happen in Anchorman.

Secondly, I really am surprised the station didn't put him on Administrative Leave already.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Arkansas is the only place with cocaine and stupid (possibly homosexual) people? In order for it to qualify for Only in Arkansas you'd at least need a mobile home, livestock, and someone named Billy-Bob, Cletus, or Buford.

They put him on leave and posted something on their website stating that he was taking time off. His career is over assuming he doesn't end up in prison. The cops haven't ruled out foul play. The only reason it made the news is because a weatherman is about as close to celebrity as you get in these parts. Most of the real celebrities leave Arkansas if they're smart.

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Only in Japan are pranks broccoli-based:

Here's the scene from Nichijou the pranksters were referencing:

Of course, being Japanese pranksters, they put the victim's seats in their baskets so they can easily un-do the damage. The police decided not to press charges.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm

FireAza wrote:Of course, being Japanese pranksters, they put the victim's seats in their baskets so they can easily un-do the damage.
See, now that's good clean fun.

Calus
Crazy Person

Post by Calus » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Well played, Japanese pranksters.
Edward "Snugglepants" Van Helgen: What! You shot my banjo!

"Do I hear voices? I guess so. I don't worry though, because I have learned to ignore them. They keep telling me the Cubs will win the World Series." Calus

ampersand
Crazy Person

Post by ampersand » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:20 am

Only among marathon runners...could a woman run a half-marathon and then give birth to her kid hours later. I figure the kid decide it was time to get out during the earthquake.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:10 am

Wow. I don't know whether she's to be congratulated for her feat, or slapped for being so silly.

Oh well. If in doubt.
To Let

FireAza
Crazy Person

Post by FireAza » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 am

Only in Japan...

So, a famous building called "Radio Kaikan" is being torn down (it was damaged in the earthquakes), and since it's a very old, and distinctive building (it has a big-ass yellow neon sign on the front), it's appeared many times in Japanese TV shows, the most recent being Steins;Gate. Before the building was closed forever, they opened it up to the public to give them one last look. And if you're the type of people who will morn the loss of a building, you're probably also the type of people to nonchalantly tour the building while dressed as characters from Steins;Gate:

I love how they're just touring the building, they're not there for photo ops or anything.
"For AUS$300, you get FireAza drawing your screen image." -MartinBlank "Oh shit. For once, FireAza is right." -Deacon
"FireAza, if you're really that sneaky and quiet then you can sleep in my bed anytime, mister." -kizba

ampersand
Crazy Person

Post by ampersand » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Only in Chicago:

It's basically burgers and mashed potatoes in a cupcake size. I wish I was in Chicago right now, or if that place was available when I was in high school going up there for post-season Quiz Bowl tournaments...

The Cid
Crazy Person

Post by The Cid » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:56 am

You're missing the point. Here, let me try.

Only in Chicago are there bakeries that deal entirely in meatloaf.

Seriously though. If I had lived in Chicago past age 5, I'd weigh at least 300 lb.
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.