People who are supposed to be dumber than me

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Blaze
Crazy Person

Post by Blaze » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:30 pm

HTRN: I'm in the same math boat as you are, as far as Algebra vs. Geometry.

The last Algebra I ever did that I liked was Permutations, because I can calculate it like a geometry problem, if I want.

Grav:

A: she likes you
B: She hates you
C: it's coincidence?

Umm.... doesn't that cover everything anyway?

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:41 pm

Yeah, but it's good to cover everything.

Because if you don't, you could get arrested for breaking public decency laws when you walk outside. :P

The Cid
Crazy Person

Post by The Cid » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:07 am

I don't mean to start a fight here, but wouldn't a "straight A student" typically realize it should be "...dumber than I?"
Hirschof wrote:I'm waiting for day you people start thinking with portals.

Rileyrat
Crazy Person

Post by Rileyrat » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:10 am

[quote="sneaky ninja";p="540037"]Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm MUCH more artistically inclined than....whatever the opposite of artistic is :P[/quote]
The opposite would be me, I can make stick figures...bad stick figures.
Long before history began we men have got together apart from the women and done things. We had time. - C. S. Lewis

Euthanatos
Crazy Person

Post by Euthanatos » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:10 am

[quote="Deacon";p="540028"]True. I hated school and would usually fail to do the homework, simply acing the tests (no, no studying), resulting in mediocre and sometimes downright miserable grades, depending on how much weight the individual teacher put on homework vs. tests.[/quote]

I find it bizarre and disturbing that this describes my pre-college schooling almost perfectly. Then, of course, I pulled my head out my ass and actually did the twenty extra minutes needed for a good grade.
I would weep, but my tears have been stolen.
I would shout, but my voice has been taken.
Thus, I write.

tannii
Crazy Person

Re: People who are supposed to be dumber than me

Post by tannii » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:11 am

I don't mean to start a fight here, but wouldn't a "straight A student" typically realize it should be "...dumber than I?"
Typically, but not always. I am clearly an example of this.
Jesus, lol.

Dr. Tower
Crazy Person

Post by Dr. Tower » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:27 am

I must be on the other end of the math spectrum. I did pretty well in geometry, and can still do it, but only because I turn just about all the shapes into vectors in 3-space, than do the vector algebra on those. I draw it out just to make sure my findings make sense. Where as this semester I am taking a course entitled "Nonlinear Systems and Optimized Numerical Solutions". Yeah, this class is fairly abstract, though extremely for me because I deal with nonlinear equations a lot in my research.
Father of 3

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:32 pm

[quote="sneaky ninja";p="540037"]Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm MUCH more artistically inclined than....whatever the opposite of artistic is :P[/quote]
artisn'ttic
To Let

Zero_Point
Crazy Person
Location: Clovis... No, not California! New Mexico!!! Sheesh!

Post by Zero_Point » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:27 am

I'm pretty weird with math. I used to be really, really, REALLY good at it. For example, I took an IQ test in the 1st grade (well, half of it. I got bored, but still scored 160), and they threw in some calculus questions for the hell of it. I got them all right. When they asked me how, I replied "I don't know". More recently, in electronics class, I couldn't memorize formulas for shit, or apply formulas to everything. This one question kept bugging me because I just didn't know where to start. I wrote down all the variables, and tried crunching the numbers, but I couldn't get it. Suddeny, for some reason, I thought "It's 5.21". I thought what the hell, the worse that can happen is I'll get it wrong, and it seems to make sense to me. It turned out to be right. To this day, I have no idea how I did that.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red "Duct-tape" Green

Lunatic Jedi
Crazy Person

Post by Lunatic Jedi » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:44 am

[quote="Rorschach";p="540327"]
artisn'ttic[/quote]

...NO. YOUR PUN IS LIKE FIRE IN MY BRAIN.

/me hurts Rorschach very very badly.
People are like slinkies. Ultimately useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Shyknight wrote:Getting reamed up the ass, like coffee, is probably an acquired taste.

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:48 am

[quote="Rorschach";p="540327"][quote="sneaky ninja";p="540037"]Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm MUCH more artistically inclined than....whatever the opposite of artistic is :P[/quote]
artisn'ttic[/quote]

I am so going to add that word into my everyday vocabulary :)

Terrene
Crazy Person

Post by Terrene » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:49 am

I am better at algebra than geometry because it is easier.

Also, how do you not get good grades in drama? I think I got a C or a B because I was shy and the bitch hated me.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:32 am

[quote="Lunatic Jedi";p="540492"][quote="Rorschach";p="540327"]
artisn'ttic[/quote]

...NO. YOUR PUN IS LIKE FIRE IN MY BRAIN.

/me hurts Rorschach very very badly.[/quote]
You already did, man
You already did

:cry:
To Let

Spongiform
Crazy Person

Post by Spongiform » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:48 pm

[quote="tannii";p="539906"]There are certain people in my year level at school who have always been dumber than me. By me, I mean my academic self. I am generally a straight-A student. There are people in my year level who were generally B-students, even borderline C-students, who are suddenly getting better marks than me. This is becoming increasingly frustrating, as there is one girl who I feel has always tried to accomplish the things I have. Whenever somebody is annoying me and I tell them off, she is rude to them and tells them off. If for some reason the next day I am feeling good and I am nice to this person, she will be nice to this person. In one of my subjects I sat with a certain guy whom I had never really been friends with and had a great time with him. One day I walk in and surprise surprise, she is sitting next to him.
I cannot stand that!
And unfortunately I am not the sort of person to go, "Isn't that nice, she wants to be like me." No, I am the sort of person to go, "What the fuck, get your own fucking life you fucking idiot."
Now this person who has tried to be like me for three years now, has gotten better marks than me in not one, but TWO subjects. TWO SUBJECTS. She got an A+ in Drama when I got an A, and an A in English when I got a B+.
Ahhhh! The frustration!
It's not like they aren't good marks. It's the fact that she BEAT ME. This RENOUNED IDIOT BEAT ME.
Has the world gone mad?![/quote]

Holy shit, man. Calm down.

Why is it so important?

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Competitive personalities aren't always bad, Spongiform :P
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922