People who are supposed to be dumber than me

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
tannii
Crazy Person

People who are supposed to be dumber than me

Post by tannii » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:01 am

There are certain people in my year level at school who have always been dumber than me. By me, I mean my academic self. I am generally a straight-A student. There are people in my year level who were generally B-students, even borderline C-students, who are suddenly getting better marks than me. This is becoming increasingly frustrating, as there is one girl who I feel has always tried to accomplish the things I have. Whenever somebody is annoying me and I tell them off, she is rude to them and tells them off. If for some reason the next day I am feeling good and I am nice to this person, she will be nice to this person. In one of my subjects I sat with a certain guy whom I had never really been friends with and had a great time with him. One day I walk in and surprise surprise, she is sitting next to him.
I cannot stand that!
And unfortunately I am not the sort of person to go, "Isn't that nice, she wants to be like me." No, I am the sort of person to go, "What the fuck, get your own fucking life you fucking idiot."
Now this person who has tried to be like me for three years now, has gotten better marks than me in not one, but TWO subjects. TWO SUBJECTS. She got an A+ in Drama when I got an A, and an A in English when I got a B+.
Ahhhh! The frustration!
It's not like they aren't good marks. It's the fact that she BEAT ME. This RENOUNED IDIOT BEAT ME.
Has the world gone mad?!
Jesus, lol.

Arc Orion
Crazy Person

Post by Arc Orion » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:52 am

Renowned. (Yes, I realize it doesn't matter, but the damn thing's an itch.)

Are you serious? Do you honestly compare yourself competitively to somebody you think is an idiot?
I need fewer water.

CyberEd
Crazy Person

Post by CyberEd » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:09 pm

/me shakes his head.

a. I can see why your grades are high in drama...
b. just because you study better for a test - does not make you smarter, I know some smart people who can't even read.
c. two grades are nothing.
d. sounds like you got a stalker mate...

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:22 pm

Either she likes you, she hates you, or she's just doing things that you've done yourself, coincidently.

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:32 pm

I would like to point out that the 20th centuries most famous physcist, Albert Einstein got "C"s in math... :shock:

There is a WORLD of difference between Intelligence and good grades. The truly bright tend to get lousy grades because they have a nasty habit of questioning things, while most curricula rely on rote memorization. Plus they tend not to endear themselve to teachers as they have the nasty habit of making them look bat. I for example, generally get between 138-148 on those Online IQ tests, yet if you look at my high school grades, you'd assume I was borderline retarded. I suffered what alot of smart people in HS suffer from: BOREDOM. Compare that to my college transcripts - I graduated first in my major and had mostly perfect grades in my core classes. Because that's what interested me, not some meaningless drivel being forced down my throat by a bloated beraucracy.

HTRN
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum
[quote="Scowdich";p="726085"]Karl Rove's hurricane machine stole my lunch money.[/quote]
amlthrawn wrote:This was no ordinary rooster. He had a look about him.

tankkisankari
Crazy Person

Post by tankkisankari » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:45 pm

Yes, i must have been bored in math, that explains it all... :D

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:52 pm

I was. I'm terrible at things like algebra and calculus, but I excel at things like geometry, which is rather more usful in my particular career track. :D

HTRN
[quote="Scowdich";p="726085"]Karl Rove's hurricane machine stole my lunch money.[/quote]

Terrik
Crazy Person

Post by Terrik » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:06 pm

Damn Geometry. Damn it to HELL.
有的白人看得懂
我不喜歡用繁體字!!

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:18 pm

[quote="CyberEd";p="539927"]a. I can see why your grades are high in drama...[/quote]
HA! BAM! OMG! PERFECT RESPONSE! LSDKJFH :SDF SDH KJ:HGj adfgd
True. I hated school and would usually fail to do the homework, simply acing the tests (no, no studying), resulting in mediocre and sometimes downright miserable grades, depending on how much weight the individual teacher put on homework vs. tests.
Last edited by Deacon on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:20 pm

[quote="HTRN";p="540002"]I was. I'm terrible at things like algebra and calculus, but I excel at things like geometry, which is rather more usful in my particular career track. :D

HTRN[/quote]

That's the same way I am, which always struck me as kinda weird. I got Ds in Algebra, but As in geometry, even though you need algebra to do geometry. Geometry makes so much more sense, though, because you can actually SEE what you're trying to figure out. Abstract numbers are sooooo not my thing :?

SunTzu
Crazy Person

Post by SunTzu » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:59 pm

[quote="Deacon";p="540028"][quote="CyberEd";p="539927"]a. I can see why your grades are high in drama...[/quote]
HA! BAM! OMG! PERFECT RESPONSE! LSDKJFH :SDF SDH KJ:HGj adfgd
True. I hated school and would usually fail to do the homework, simply acing the tests (no, no studying), resulting in mediocre and sometimes downright miserable grades, depending on how much weight the individual teacher put on homework vs. tests.[/quote]

Your not alone. I aced every test for my advanced swedish class, got an A+ on every assignment, and the whore still tried to fail me. We had about 200 pages of papers to fill in, to: "Prove that you read the materials." How fucking dumb are you, the papers we wrote were mainly about the same works, and the tests were ALL about them. Do you think i *guessed* the answers?!

Thank god the headmaster didnt see it her way. She got booted out of our "school." (My school had several k students, divided into many Programs. Apperently she has never been able to keep working in one Program for more one year.)
"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrongdoing which will be imposed on them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglas, 1857

[quote="Skorpion";p="521996"]
Then the head started coming off, so I just left it rammed into a stump.[/quote]

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:11 pm

[quote="sneaky ninja";p="540029"][quote="HTRN";p="540002"]I was. I'm terrible at things like algebra and calculus, but I excel at things like geometry, which is rather more usful in my particular career track. :D

HTRN[/quote]

That's the same way I am, which always struck me as kinda weird. I got Ds in Algebra, but As in geometry, even though you need algebra to do geometry. Geometry makes so much more sense, though, because you can actually SEE what you're trying to figure out. Abstract numbers are sooooo not my thing :?[/quote]

I believe it's called "visual thinking". about 1/4 to 1/3 the population has it. Let me guess, you can visualize objects in your head and rotate them on their axis clearly, right? Abstract concepts, math especially are particularly difficult.

People who are visual thinkers make excellent designers, and lousy engineers.

HTRN

sneaky ninja
Chun Li!
Chun Li!

Post by sneaky ninja » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:14 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm MUCH more artistically inclined than....whatever the opposite of artistic is :P

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:23 pm

I believe it's called "visual thinking". about 1/4 to 1/3 the population has it. Let me guess, you can visualize objects in your head and rotate them on their axis clearly, right? Abstract concepts, math especially are particularly difficult.
People who are able to do that need to be able to turn off that portion of their brain while in conversations that don't need it.

/me has run afoul of mental images by accident too many times to count

HTRN
Crazy Person

Post by HTRN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:47 pm

Yeah, I know that feeling. Everytime you mention "Yaoi". <shudder>

And yes that's a polite jab. :D

HTRN