Modern Rock Music

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:04 am

Wait...Rage? Beatles? Compared? WTF?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

jimkatai
Crazy Person

Post by jimkatai » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:17 am

In musical talent and ethical insight? yes. In actual similarities in sound? no.
Stand in awe of my creativity

BillyBlaze
Crazy Person

Post by BillyBlaze » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:02 am

[quote="Mista";p="466510"]
BillyBlaze wrote:And like I said, go and find good old stuff that you for whatever reason missed.
Yeah, you completely missed my point. There's new stuff that is also good, you don't have to go for the old stuff to find good stuff.[/quote]
I didn't miss it. I gave it the split second of my time it deserved and I moved on.

Mista
Crazy Person

Post by Mista » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:44 am

Well if you want to completely miss all the good music that is coming out now then go ahead and live in the past.
unsigged. For the children.

BillyBlaze
Crazy Person

Post by BillyBlaze » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:02 am

Because we both know it's completely impossible to look for newer AND older music. That's just unheard of.

Twigz221
Crazy Person

Post by Twigz221 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:04 am

I have spent the night at my job, just sitting and listening to music from bands that I had never heard of before many times. Amazing what you can discover at a used records store.
Visit my site Irrational Hotplates or suffer the wrath of my Twig

Nekra
Crazy Person

Post by Nekra » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:22 am

The thing to do is, when you go into the music shop and you see that section marked Rock/Pop, you avoid it.
[url=http://www.moxguild.comImage[/url]

tannii
Crazy Person

Post by tannii » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:22 pm

I think it's just a matter of what naturally appeals to you. I give a lot of different kind of music a chance, and as it turns out, I like a lot of what I hear. I even like Britney Spears, how bout that, probably because I was into her when I was younger and I still get into her music. It's probably a weak thing to say, but I don't think there's reason to critisise a person if they like a certain type of music just because it naturally appeals to them.

That'd probably be about my two cents worth.
Jesus, lol.

Nekra
Crazy Person

Post by Nekra » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:41 pm

for 'artists' like britney its more about the image they betray then any real talent on their part. i would be less angsty baout it if they wrote their own songs and played their own music. rather then simply being a public image for a corporate group to make money from.

Mista
Crazy Person

Post by Mista » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:04 pm

[quote="BillyBlaze";p="466648"]Because we both know it's completely impossible to look for newer AND older music. That's just unheard of.[/quote]

What are you, John Kerry? First you say that the old music is where it's at. I say that new music is also good. You say this:
BillyBlaze wrote:I didn't miss it. I gave it the split second of my time it deserved and I moved on.
about what I said, which was that there is a lot of new stuff out there that is good, which gives me the impression that you don't care about the new stuff.

That's why I said this:
Mista wrote:Well if you want to completely miss all the good music that is coming out now then go ahead and live in the past.
And now you're saying that you like new music too? That's what I was trying to say in the first place, damnit. Just staying with old music is idiotic and people should also look forward to new music since it is good as well.
Nekra wrote:for 'artists' like britney its more about the image they betray then any real talent on their part. i would be less angsty baout it if they wrote their own songs and played their own music. rather then simply being a public image for a corporate group to make money from.
So what do you think about people like John Mayer?

Nekra
Crazy Person

Post by Nekra » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:06 pm

who the fuck is John Mayer?

Mista
Crazy Person

Post by Mista » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:27 pm

He sings "Your Body is a Wonderland"

Edit: He has much much much better songs.

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:35 pm

[quote="Nekra";p="466743"]who the fuck is John Mayer?[/quote]
http://www.google.com/search?q=John+Mayer
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Twigz221
Crazy Person

Post by Twigz221 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:48 pm

You know Nekra, Elvis Presley didn't write any of his own songs, and every move he made musically and artistically was a decision made by his label. In fact, the only reason Elvis is considered the King of rock and roll is because he was white and CHuck Berry (a far more talented musician) was black.
Visit my site Irrational Hotplates or suffer the wrath of my Twig

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:08 pm

Elvis being The King has only to do with his popularity and the reverance with which his fans regard(ed) him. It has nothing to do with his skin color or his musical talent. I find it odd that you would even suggest that.