Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
gravity
Crazy Person

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by gravity » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Infertility issues caused by complications from my ovarian cancer a few years back. The doctor doesn't want three follicles making eggs because it increases the chance of multiples, and that could cause issues with my scar tissue ripping open and sending babies and my internal organs spilling out to the outside world (they had to remove 16 kg of tumor from my abdomen via a groin to sternum incision. It's healed, but it's still weaker than the surrounding tissue). And he still doesn't know where the half ovary that was left over keeps wandering away to, it's just there sometimes and not other times. But the attached ovary with tube is staying put and made all the nice egg follicles, so that's good.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Jesus. Are you trying for a family? I feel I've maybe missed more than one post.
I really hope it works out for you.
To Let

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Yeah, me and my husband are. Normally I wouldn't have qualified for the National Health Insurance to cover the fertility treatment before trying for two years, but being an ovarian cancer survivor automatically put it under 'medical condition' within six months, so that was nice. Although it means I'll have to use the actual hospital to give birth instead of a birthing clinic, but all the birthing clinics in my area have poor reviews so I'd rather the hospital anyway.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:43 pm

Rant: vomiting. It is not fun to get up in the middle of the night to vomit. And keep vomiting. And still vomit this morning.

Rave: I'm keeping water down, and nibbling on rice crackers with no issue.

Rave: I have air con and Netflix, I don't actually need to do a damn thing today. Although I am supposed to have dinner with my in laws tonight as my husband's sisters are visiting. I'll be apologizing and bowing out, I don't want to be in a sushi restaurant while my stomach isn't doing well.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Rant: OHSS. From that fucking half ovary that has nothing better to do in life but cause me pain!

Rant: OHSS usually lasts until menstruation. But, if I did get knocked up this cycle, it can last to the end of the first trimester.

Rant: fuuuuuuuck feeling like a crippled old person that can barely walk! I can't even eat full meals, just little bits here and there. This sucks.

az_vede
Crazy Person

Post by az_vede » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 pm

rant and empathy: developed some sort of reflux and stomach emptying disorder back in march and it really does suck not to be able to eat full meals.

rave: found a group of friends to play dnd with; fun times.

rave: I know they are and always were weird, and they aren't even trendy anymore, but gosh do I love fivefingers for running.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Rant: period started.

Rant: that means the doctor is upping me to a double dose of meds.

Rant: that means my OHSS will hit again in three weeks. I need to leave myself at least three days of stuff to binge on Netflix while I'm busy not being able to walk or do anything but lay there in agony, hopefully holding down water and not vomiting constantly. And prep meals for my husband ahead of time because the man is hopeless in the kitchen.

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:01 am

Rave: I made amazing pizza last night

Rant: I walk into the kitchen this morning to discover that my husband, while attempting to cut up said amazing pizza, also cut up my good silicon mat.

Rave: new cooking mat!

Seannery
Crazy Person

Post by Seannery » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:17 am

Rant: one of my close friends recently expressed strong (but not unpopular where I am) sentiments against what is a part of my sexuality.
Rave: they had the decency to do it before I would have told them about that part my sexuality.
Rave: other than that and a few minor points, they're an excellent friend.
Rant: Now I'm even more worried about mumbling something in my sleep.
liberté, égalité, muliebrité