Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Deacon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm

That’s probably the biggest of any “ravette”
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:16 am

Rorschach wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:27 pm
Rant: we’ve been fairly convinced Nicola had MS for the past few months.

Rave: she doesn’t have MS. Or any neurological condition.

Rant: she’s still ill.

Rave: critical illness cover.
Sorry to hear that, glad to know she doesn't have MS but that is still scary to not know what is going on. I have often said that if I get sick I hope it is something common that Dr's know how to treat not some mystery illness that I spend years chasing around. According to House MD she has lupus :P. I hope you get some answers soon.
~Insert clever bon mot here~

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 pm

That's awesome that they've ruled out MS. Hopefully they'll have some answers soon Rors.

Rave: NEW JOB! More money, less responsibility, less stress, better benefits, no more commute as it's a full time remote gig. I get to see my kid for more than 2 hours a day and I don't have to spend $300/mo on gasoline! I've had the same commute for over a decade now so I'm a little excited about walking from my kitchen to my home office to go to work.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 pm

Oh man that’s great news! Congrats! What kind of work are you doing now?
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:15 pm

My title will still be Software Engineer but I'll basically be a bridge between a developer support team and the development team. In the past this team hasn't had a designated dev to oversee client data fixes and make the decision on what gets fixed as a one off SQL script vs what gets incorporated into the application as a safeguard for future issues. It works out for me because I prefer problem solving and design work to actual 'new development'. My job will basically be to dive in and become a domain expert in their code base and database schema to help both sides create the best solution to the problems clients face while using the software.
I'm putting my talents and skills to use for a business so that I receive compensatory funds that I may then choose to spend and invest and save as I see fit. If I choose to blow it all on hookers and Dr. Seuss books, I don't see how that means you owe me a comfortable retirement. - Deacon

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Post by raptor9k » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Sorry, guess I should've clarified, the company provides software that helps manage sales and scheduling for advertising in Radio and Cable/broadcast/network television.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am

More money but less responsibility? How'd you swing that?! :p

Congratulations, dude. That's great news.
To Let