Who are these people? (User Pictures)

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
Pathfinder
Redshirt

Re: GAH! Who are these people?

Post by Pathfinder » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:28 am

Tch, everybody and his dog is "going to be an officer" But only 1 out of 20 actually make it. I was thinking about going OCS, but figured since I'll make Gunny next year, I'll try to go beat up officers, instead.

Lune [6 Option Mod]
Redshirt

Re: GAH! Who are these people?

Post by Lune [6 Option Mod] » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:45 am

[quote="Pathfinder";p="101694"]Tch, everybody and his dog is "going to be an officer" But only 1 out of 20 actually make it. I was thinking about going OCS, but figured since I'll make Gunny next year, I'll try to go beat up officers, instead.[/quote]

Hey, hey. I'd rather take the shot at officer than be stuck in an enlisted position. :?

Besides, I don't want to waste my college years somewhere entirely different when I can experience both the joys and educational value of college and training in AFROTC.

Imperator Severn
Redshirt

Post by Imperator Severn » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:41 pm

Pathfinder: I'll be in the Marines, of course. I'm going throught the Corps of Cadets at A&M. I know I'm smart enough for the job, but I'm not in as good as shape as I should be, yet.

Rikku_Chan
Redshirt

Post by Rikku_Chan » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:57 pm

Hey, what's wrong with being enlisted? We have more fun, anyways, what without all the anal retentiveness. Plus, all officers except the XO and CO are the Command Master Chief's bitches anyway. :mrgreen:
私はアメリカを愛する

Imperator Severn
Redshirt

Post by Imperator Severn » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:43 pm

Nothing wrong with being enlisted, unless you enlisted in the Air Force, which means you believe what recruiters tell you. *rimshot*

Lune [6 Option Mod]
Redshirt

Post by Lune [6 Option Mod] » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:44 am

[quote="Rikku_Chan";p="101781"]Hey, what's wrong with being enlisted? We have more fun, anyways, what without all the anal retentiveness. Plus, all officers except the XO and CO are the Command Master Chief's bitches anyway. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Sorry, you're thinking about graduates from places like West Point.

The point of ROTC is college environment plus military lifestyle. So less anal retentiveness, more down to earth personality, due to environment.

Lune = teh winnar.

Pathfinder
Redshirt

Post by Pathfinder » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:58 am

/me drops Lune from 1.5 miles.

Well the training might be more lax, but once you get into the real military, if an officer starts getting too loose, then there's always someone there to whip them back into line. Seriously, if you wanted to have fun in the military, being an officer isn't the best choice.

Plus, everyone knows the only good officer is a prior enlisted one.

Imperator Severn
Redshirt

Post by Imperator Severn » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:36 pm

I would have enlisted if I were in better shape. The way I figure it, right now I wouls get stuck in a PT squad the whole time. It takes me 26 minutes to run 3 miles, and I'm a good 20 pounds overweight.

From what I've heard, A&M has produced more Medal of Honor winners than any other college including the service acadamies, so I'm not sure what you mean about them not being good officers...

EDIT: The Corps of Cadets at A&M is not lax at all. Then again, it's pretty unusual.

lifedeath
Redshirt

Post by lifedeath » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:44 pm

HOLY...you have made a quite BIG work there....
Give Life a real.....

Lune [6 Option Mod]
Redshirt

Post by Lune [6 Option Mod] » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:57 pm

[quote="Pathfinder";p="102057"]Well the training might be more lax, but once you get into the real military, if an officer starts getting too loose, then there's always someone there to whip them back into line. Seriously, if you wanted to have fun in the military, being an officer isn't the best choice.[/quote]

Wow, so you lose either way? Go military academy and you're too anal, go ROTC and you're too lax.

... talk about your lack of middle ground. -_-*

Fixer
Redshirt

Post by Fixer » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:53 pm

Hmmm.... now we have been hijacked into an armed services thread.

Updated the pics I could, added some newbies from the other thread.

Do dee dum. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.... a fixer's job is never done. Do dee doo.
I don't care who's right, who's wrong, or what you meant to say. Only thing I care about is the Truth. If you have it, good, share it. If not, find it. If you want to argue, do it with someone else.

Down2EaRth
Redshirt

Post by Down2EaRth » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:56 pm

Err Fixer you missed somthing >.>

I did ask before that could you change the end of itsme.JPG to .jpg

:P and no the maintinance is never finished with this one :)

Fixer
Redshirt

Post by Fixer » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:25 pm

There.
Changed.
Poof!
Fixed!
I strike again!

[marq=left]Hell no! I won't go! Hell no, I won't go![/marq]

What? I am on strike. :)

Well, maybe not, I like maintaining this thing. Gives me an excuse to look at pictures. :)
I don't care who's right, who's wrong, or what you meant to say. Only thing I care about is the Truth. If you have it, good, share it. If not, find it. If you want to argue, do it with someone else.

Elric2056
Redshirt

Post by Elric2056 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:59 pm

I was wondering how long it would take you to change my pic to the "new" one I posted in the other thread (which just happens to be about 6 months older then the old one of me...) That said, both my other ones (http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjdeck/fanboy.jpg and http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjdeck/fanboy2.jpg) have me with a full beard which I've gotten rid of in favor of going back to my goatee so the one you've got now actually looks more like me anyways...
There are few problems in this world that can't be solved by small amounts of plastic explosives and large amounts of duct tape. - Anon

Fixer
Redshirt

Post by Fixer » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:02 pm

If you check, I already have. :P I watch the other one and as new, updated, and clear photos are posted on the other thread, I update them here.