I was walking on the moon one day...

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
crs
Redshirt

Post by crs » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:03 am

I found it whenever I was in a vb programming class last year, read the entire archive that day. Only registered to the forums now.. can you say lazy?? :lol:
There will be something put here sometime

Novae Eden
Redshirt

Post by Novae Eden » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:36 am

I think I first stumbled across RealLife when someone on a forum I frequent posted a link to a comic she found funny, though to be honest, I don't remember which one it is.

I've always found it amusing, and when I didn't understand the joke (which used to be far more often than I care to admit anymore) I usually ended up finding out.

So now thanks to Greg, I have seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, table top RPG, and have just recently discovered the addictiveness of DDR (when the machine isn't broken or my ankle isn't killing me, I think I've only played it three different days now.)

Not quite sure if I should be thankful or not. Currently I am leaning towards, "yes"
Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children" --Author Unknown

Brian
Redshirt

Post by Brian » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:25 am

If I recall correctly, I was linked there from RPG World too.
Reading Perl is like reading music. It can be a little hard to get into at first, but once you can read it, it's like food for the soul.

SporkMaster
Redshirt

Post by SporkMaster » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:30 am

a friend, the bad part is that he´s al creepy and loserr-y now
If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

Soul_Harvester
Redshirt

Post by Soul_Harvester » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:40 am

I was drawn to it by its aura of Unsurpassed Excellence.

That, and one of my friends posted some of the strips on LiveJournal, for anyone familiar with that institution. :wink:

NickGXZ
Redshirt

Post by NickGXZ » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:12 am

When greg did a strip for megatokyo. (first one)
"The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death." - Monty Oum

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

Screaming_Eagle
Redshirt

Post by Screaming_Eagle » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:22 am

Was on IRC and a mate pasted a link to one of the comics...i read it....then read the archieve then couldt get enough. And thats how i became addicted to web comics.
"Why us? I mean where the only unit thats got the Germans on the German side of the Rhine"
- Capt. Lewis Nixon, Regimental S-2, 506 PIR, 101st Airborne Division

Teranfirbt
How Funky Strong?

Post by Teranfirbt » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:56 am

Hmmm, i found it when my friend sent me one of the comics through AIM.. how he found it i dont know (he sent me the one where greg unveils the buster sword)
I really need a new sig....
Deacon wrote:I don't think my birth canal can handle it
Portland %#!&ing Oregon
Just Beat It, Beat It
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right

Xyphic
Redshirt

Post by Xyphic » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:12 am

Can't remember exactly how I first got the link... just that somebody told me about a particular comic and I thought it was funny. So I read the entire archives there and then and have been hooked since.

Lord Hawking
Redshirt

Post by Lord Hawking » Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:21 am

Through a strange coincidence of Google. One night with nothing to do, I typed in my name, "Greg," and "Master Sword." I was rewarded with a link to the comic where Greg buys a copy of the Master Sword. My life has never been the same since... 8)
No beer and no TV make Homer something something.

Dmfunk
Redshirt

Post by Dmfunk » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:03 pm

A long Time ago... well maybe 3-4 years ago... I stumbled upon a link to a comic on http://www.diabloii.net It was the dagger of the apoylopse comic. Well that was how I found it!
Biscuits are tasty.

Cedrorakazishi
Redshirt

Post by Cedrorakazishi » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:26 pm

Half a year ago, I was enchanted by Dungeon Siege. I would surf the net for hours looking for great D S sites. One day a came across the packmule site. It had a section for every webcomic that did a D S bit. Reallife comics was one of them.

We have been in love ever since
------------------------
There are three things I don't care about: ballet, swedish politics and your oppinion.

Wite_Rabit
Redshirt

Post by Wite_Rabit » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:50 pm

my geeky friend introduced me to it, too :lol: which megatokyo strip? i don't remember...
[center]mmmmm.......... cheese.[/center]

ph34r the Evil Smiley! :-{D

Brian
Redshirt

Post by Brian » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:08 pm

Yeah, I'm not recalling an MT strip that Greg did - that'd be interesting to see though.
Reading Perl is like reading music. It can be a little hard to get into at first, but once you can read it, it's like food for the soul.

Mark Young
Redshirt

Post by Mark Young » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:16 pm

A friend on a CGI forum posted a link to it when there was a comic aboud simulating dropping things onto each other