A wild bird appears??

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
Some Egrets
Crazy Person

A wild bird appears??

Post by Some Egrets » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:59 pm

So uh hey, used to hang around this place years and years ago. Kinda fell off the forums for a while, which... I mean, it happens. Decided to show up and poke around for a while after the big news, and hey, who knows, might stick my head in from time to time. Slower forums might be a nice change from... all of... the internet.

I do still have the account I used to use, but that has to go back what, 15 years or more? I know for an absolute fact that 15 years younger me was an actual idiot and I can't specifically remember having Egregiously Bad Opinions™ here, I'd still rather not open that particular can of worms. Plus I haven't used that old username in over a decade.

Anyway, uh, I actually know Spanks & MC, bump into BtEO online every now and then, and have even run into Garra a few times since I was probably last here.

So since then I've graduated from being a lazy bum doing pity data entry work from my parents small business to working with an academic astrophysics research group - they're still the smart ones, I just make the computers and code go. Which is to say, I'm still a lazy bum, the pay is just a little bit better (but don't kid yourself, it's non-commercial research, so it ain't great)

Anyway if you ever wanted to meet a meteor up real close and personal, we do that?

And birds are kind of a hobby now I stalk watch and photograph them, although less lately since my energy for getting out and doing anything physical kinda got tanked and, well, the less we're outside now, the better. SO YEAH, have a bird.

raptor9k
Crazy Person

Re: A wild bird appears??

Post by raptor9k » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Welcome back! It's a lot slower around here but there are a dedicated few that still check in regularly.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:01 am

Wow. Look at that big bastard. What is that, an eagle?
To Let

Some Egrets
Crazy Person

Post by Some Egrets » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 am

That's a Red tailed hawk! They're not eagles but they do a lot of voice work for them in films.

az_vede
Crazy Person

Post by az_vede » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 am

I love red tails, thanks for sharing the picture.... round these parts, there's mostly Harris Hawks, as memory serves.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Some Egrets wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 am That's a Red tailed hawk! They're not eagles but they do a lot of voice work for them in films.
:lol:
I don't really know any birds other than eagles. And Barbara Windsor.
To Let