Long time listener, first time caller.

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
Thatjadeperson
Crazy Person

Long time listener, first time caller.

Post by Thatjadeperson » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm

New user. My Name is Chris. I have read Real Life since 2001. I ran a gaming/comic shop at the time and was introduced to webcomics by my distributor recommending PVP and Real Life. I loved them both. I later moved through others (and lost interest in PVP) but Real Life was such a regular it was the shop's homepage. I never really had the urge to join forum until yesterday's strip and my heart fluttered a bit. I searched for some meaning and found the Twitter bit. Seems like a good time to join.

I'm a gamer at heart, although video games are less and less a part of that due to lack of time and money from marriage and 4 kids. I am seriously lacking the clever bit in this post aren't I? Well, ask me anything. I'll either respond of not!

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Re: Long time listener, first time caller.

Post by Martin Blank » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 am

Thatjadeperson wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 pm
I'm a gamer at heart, although video games are less and less a part of that due to lack of time and money from marriage and 4 kids.
Join the club, friend.

Oh, wait... You did!
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 am

Hi Chris. Welcome aboard. We're glad to see you.

Man, a comic book/video/music store was the childhood dream of my friends and I when we were young and naive and stupid and didn't understand bills and rates and rent. God I miss my late thirties.

I take it you're doing something different these days? And I hear you about life getting in the way of gaming. I buy a game maybe every six months nowadays and it's usually only because it's a year or two old and on sale.
Christ, how big is Assassin's Creed Odyssey? It's like the never-ending porridge pot. Except with more slutting it around Ancient Greece.
To Let

BtEO
Crazy Person

Post by BtEO » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:10 am

This is exactly why I never got a life. Dangerous stuff that is. :lol: