My introdution

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
Yasumi
Crazy Person

My introdution

Post by Yasumi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 am

Long time reader, finally time to post. Was bored at work and the laptop managed to pick up an unsecured wireless connection. Nice when you're working the night shift by yourself. Time to get caught up on all my webcomics and E-mail. (^_^) Might take me awhile to get off your newbie probation thing. It's taken me over 10 years as a reader to get around to registering. But being on 'probation' makes me feel young again in a way; and I can see how it would help filter the spammers and undesirables. In another 10 years I might even get enough posts to get me off it. (^_^) Or now that I'm on I might "get chatty" and post a lot.
My husband and I first started reading REAL LIFE back when he was stationed in Japan starting a month before the new millennium. (actually it was almost half the year later before he got me into reading it) I was bored at first in Japan. He insisted in living off base; (about a mile and a half or 2 kilometers) so even though many of our neighbors could speak passable English; (kind of like Americans (^_^)) I felt illiterate not being able to read most things. The internet was my release from boredom there for awhile, but I learned to love living there after awhile. To my knowledge my husband has not registered or posted here yet. So he may end up using this registration as well when I tell him about it if he ever decides to post. Anyway now we're back in the USA and he is out of the military. Currently in beautiful San Diego; but thinking of moving to a more tax friendly location perhaps closer to family and old friends. This post is already getting long for the short attention span generation, so I'd best end it for now. (^_^)

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Re: My introdution

Post by Jamie Bond » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Welcome to the forums.
I didn't even know there was a probation thing..........

Now that I do, I'll be keeping my eye on you !
"Go get the Happy!"

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Yasumi wrote:My husband and I first started reading REAL LIFE back when he was stationed in Japan
I'm guessing that's where you picked up the whole (^_^) thing...
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

kittylynn
Crazy Person

Post by kittylynn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Probation isn't so bad, the people here tend to be real...nice...

<.<

>.>

Just watch out for the sneak attacks, the pain is usually gone in a matter of days but the memories never fade.

Lol.

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Post by Martin Blank » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 am

Jamie Bond wrote:Welcome to the forums.
I didn't even know there was a probation thing..........

Now that I do, I'll be keeping my eye on you !
It's pretty minimal, and, as she said, it's there to detect the spammers. They're not hard to find when you see their intro posts. :)

Welcome, Yasumi. I hope you enjoy your stay.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.