Who the hell is this Gage Endal guy?!

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
GageEndal
Crazy Person

Who the hell is this Gage Endal guy?!

Post by GageEndal » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Alright, first off, the pronunciation. It's Gage End All, alright? Now you know!

Next off, my real name is Daniel Nicolai and I live and work at the Grand Canyon. Yes, THE Grand Canyon... if you know another one, let me know about it... I'm about 26 right now, just had a birthday which nothing happened, which was totally planned. I hate birthdays. I have two cats, George and Indie, I used to have a cat named Marty that was really cool, but he met a car about a year and a half ago, turns out the car didn't like Marty as much as I do.

I'm still legally married, but I'm going thorough a divorce right now, don't pity me, it's all my idea because I just don't feel a connection with my wife anymore. Tell the truth, I don't know if I ever really did, but the sex used to be great!

For about three or four months I did my own web comic called Dan the Robot, it is still live, but I haven't made a comic for it in about five months or so. I keep wanting to get back into it, but now that I don't have someone to help me write it I just don't have the urge to do it anymore. God knows I have the time!

My MMOG of choice is City of Heroes / Villains where I play on Champion Server. I still haven't reached level 50, which is really sad since I've been playing for about a year and a half off and on. You would think that I would know better, but obviously I don't. I did play Ultima Online when Greg got a group together but I decided to give it up after I realized that my old computer couldn't handle the game. The new computer could kick that game's ass now! Which is why I'm on City of Heroes and I always make fun of people who load so much longer after I do. If anyone wants the specs for my $1100 computer that truly does kick ass I can give it to you, I bought it in pieces from NewEgg.com and it was so much fun putting it together just for my purposes. I highly suggest doing it yourself and the best part is you can take as long as you need. It took four months to put this one together and it runs perfectly.

Well, that's about it for me, if you guys wanna' know anything else just look at my avatar. That pretty much sums it up.
Who do you think this is?

Well if you dont' know, I'm not gonna' tell you!

Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

Re: Who the hell is this Gage Endal guy?!

Post by Gowerlypuff » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:17 pm

I like how the most stationary thing in that avatar is your tie.
Sloth: Am I a year behind already?
February was some lyrics or quotes month or something. I don't even remember what year all this was.

GageEndal
Crazy Person

Post by GageEndal » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Greg, never let them take my "Crazy Person" title away, it works so well with me...

edge
Crazy Person

Post by edge » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm

The curiosity is killing me. I must know what you do in the Grand Canyon for work. My only thought this far is something related to tourism, but I can't say that I've ever been there, so I don't have much of an idea as to what goes on there.

BigGunn
Crazy Person

Post by BigGunn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:46 pm

He uses a small spoon to make it slightly bigger every day.

GageEndal
Crazy Person

Post by GageEndal » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:09 am

Well, Gunn has one of my hobbies down, but my real job that I do is that I'm a Night Auditor at the El Tovar. I count all of the money that goes through both the El Tovar Hotel and Restaurant every night. If you are thinking to yourself that this sounds like a fun job that's full of excitement, you're wrong. Though I did have some drunk guy go through one of our jewelry display cases the other night at about 11:15. So that was kinda' funny.

Also, they put me up in this sweet studio that is somehow bigger than Greg's old studio. I've got a king bed, a full sofa, the computer desk, and my big TV with room to walk around. Also have a huge closet so I'm happy. The kitchen is what makes me very happy, especially when the Thai kids get here in a couple months. Those kids love to cook but they don't get a kitchen, which is when I go in and tell them that I have a kitchen and they are welcome to cook for me if they want. God I love the canyon!

GageEndal
Crazy Person

Post by GageEndal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Well then. That was eleven years ago... let's update it all!!!

Alright, so first up and saddest is that I no longer play City of Heroes / Villains, though I did get a ton of Level 50 characters before the game finally went down. I don't really play any games anymore, though I do have a fun one on my phone called C.A.T.S. which is a tank builder game that's pretty dang fun.

Next up, the divorce went through (horray!) and I pretty much immediately got remarried (The divorce went through in September of '08 and I got married in November). My wife of ten years is totally amazing and we have five fairly average children (they're cute, though). I still look like my profile picture to the right, except my hair is shorter, I have thicker glasses, and I have a mustache (check out my website, it's glorious!).

As for the job, I left the Night Auditor about two months after I posted this and went back to the real world. I now work at GoDaddy in Scottsdale, AZ as a Website Designer for their PWS team (I build websites for people who don't know how to build them themselves). I don't do the coding, just the design. I am also a published Audiobook Narrator and I've got three books under my belt so far with another one coming out in October/November (again, check the website).

Let's see.. what else.. Oh! Dan the Robot is no longer on the web and I can't find the images for it. They're on an old hard drive I still have, but I haven't been able to restore the files yet. It's not on the top of the plate, so no big deal.

Rorschach
Crazy Person

Post by Rorschach » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:07 pm

I don’t know if we do awards for necro’s, but if we do, Carlsberg probably want a word.
To Let

FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Post by FirebirdNC » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:07 pm
I don’t know if we do awards for necro’s, but if we do, Carlsberg probably want a word.
There is going to be all kinds of old and new ppl coming out of the woodwork, not entirely sure if I like giving up space in my playground :) .
~Insert clever bon mot here~

Doc Giggles
Crazy Person

Post by Doc Giggles » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:03 am

*sneaks in and takes over the sandbox* It's mine now! Bwahahahahaha!
Disciple of Gnarr
“Let there be truth, happiness, and waffles”
-Nomad, Dark Lord & Avatar of Gnarr

JermCool
Crazy Person

Post by JermCool » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:00 pm

I have my own corner of the sandbox. I know, cos I peed on it.
Insert Banner Here
"The internet is bullcrap! And everyone on it is retarded!" - Muspar
"All threads should degenerate into the bumming of JermCool." - Rorschach