Rules for Meets and Greets

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things
Omnicode: sxy cm163 kg76 eso.#_glasses sp= Ag1974.October anE hdd Zot RlM Kd1y PeC&C FHb IN14 PrPython(3)^(7)&C(2)^(5)&C++(2)^(7)&JavaScript(2)^(5)&Ruby(1)^(5)&PHP(2)^(5) GM-6DN LAEN(9)&ES(2)^(6)&EO(1)^(7) Crc(6).Security MvD BA! PlM

Rules for Meets and Greets

Post by Martin Blank » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:22 pm

The normal rules apply here, with a few extras things to keep things smooth.
  1. No use of the word "Gathering" in the meet titles. This is to avoid confusion with the official RLF Gatherings.
  2. If you're seeing if it's worth having, preface checks with [Interest Check] and an approximate location. To further improve the ability to guage interest, polls are enabled in this forum.
  3. Preface meet requests with [Invite], and please post the approximate location of where and date when your meet would be. This can be as large as a state (or even a few states, in the case of New England), but try to keep it reasonably small so that those who would like to participate can get a good idea of whether it's feasible to make it.

Example: [Invite] Wichita, KS - July 4 weekend
  4. Preface photo threads with [Photos] and include the time and place of the meet. This helps people who have not yet discovered broadband to steel themselves for the onslaught.

Example: [Photos] Wichita, KS - July 4 weekend
  5. If you have photos, please keep them reasonable. We don't need the orgy pics here (I'll arrange to get those offline), since it would, of course, violate the rules about picture content.
  6. You're welcome to post a thread handling things during the event, if it's appropriate. These are a little more free-form, so we'll figure out how to handle those as we go.
  7. Neither Real Life Forums nor Real Life Comics is responsible for anything that happens at any of these Meets. Neither are we going to require that they be open to all. Anyone may be excluded for just about any reason. Some people here don't like others, and we're not going to force someone to let in someone else they don't like. Do not complain to management over it. You're welcome to form your own Meet and exclude that person.
Further suggestions for rules or guidelines would be welcome.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Shyknight
Crazy Person

Post by Shyknight » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:49 pm

Heh, meet locker. You so funny.
"I am a powerful wizard!"
- me, when confronted by police