Hi Everybody!

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.
TeddyMarinaro
Crazy Person

Hi Everybody!

Post by TeddyMarinaro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Hey all! I used to be a reader years ago and when the current storyline came through it knocked my socks off. Turns out that, much like Mae, I'm also Trans, and now the world is a much scarier place than before I found it out... but it's also a much more wonderful one. I'm 33 and live out in Northern California, so if any of you want to socially distance high-five, lemme know!

Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Re: Hi Everybody!

Post by Martin Blank » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:59 am

Welcome, Teddy!

You’re part of a flood (comparatively) of new users. We hope you’ll stick around and become part of the community!
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:54 am

Hi Teddy.

Glad to have you aboard.
To Let

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi, I'm Alyson ("auntmousie," but for this purpose I'm gonna be a bit more real) and I'm also part of the flood.

I gotta be honest - I had never seen RLC prior to the coming-out comicset, and that is somewhat surprising to me because I have so many overlapping obsessions. The cartoonist is evidently a fan of MMOs, tabletop gaming, Star Trek, Dresden Files, Pat Rothfuss, GoT, SF Giants, and the list keeps going... and yet the first thing I see is the author telling a VERY familiar story... because I'm trans too.

Coming out to my wife was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the next few panels. But for me it happened sixteen years ago - and transitioning was without a doubt the best decision I ever made.

Meanwhile, like a proper fangirl, I went back and read ... everything. All of it. Twenty years of comics in three days.

TeddyMarinaro
Crazy Person

Post by TeddyMarinaro » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to this, especially with the flood of people affected by the comic as I feel like it'll be good having more people with the same experience!

Martin, I'm looking forward to it!
Rorschach, Glad to be aboard Captain.
Alyson (I'll call you auntmousie from now on, I promise!), I'm with you there! I'm also a big fan of video/tabletop gaming, Trek, Dresden and many others (I live in the SF Bay Area but am a MN Twins fan...). I think I'm going to do the same and read through the old stuff!