Mae's clothing choices

Talk about today's strip, or anything about the comic in general. You can also talk about any of the characters... but don't expect a response. They're FICTIONAL, you guys... sheesh. :)
werefrog
Crazy Person

Mae's clothing choices

Post by werefrog » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 pm

This is something The Werefrog have been wondering for a while, and mostly it comes up during the bedroom scenes.

Is there a reason behind Mae still wearing masculine clothes, and now just revealed, not wearing the feminine articles underneath? Sure, at night, women tend not to wear bras, but during the day, The Werefrog thought Mae might start wearing one, and at night in the comfort of bed with the person closest to Mae, maybe feminine sleepwear. However, the clothes are all the masculine form.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

nosystemd
Crazy Person

Re: Mae's clothing choices

Post by nosystemd » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 am

werefrog wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 pm the clothes are all the masculine form.
Seems like a reasonable question, but I would expect it comes down to personal choice-- I've dated a lot of tomboys (this word is less common than it used to be, but it is still used in some countries) which is to say-- girls that have some habits or preferences that society considers "masculine" (Kaylee from Firefly as an example) so a girl wearing an plain shirt and boxers to bed doesn't phase me in the least.

But if I had to guess the main reason the artwork is the way it is, I would take you to the July 22nd strip where Liz is talking about the time she wanted to change her hair colour.

alatar1313
Crazy Person

Post by alatar1313 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 am

I don't know about her, but it took me a fair bit just to find clothes that fit me and that I actually liked. I've been looking for shoes for literally 3 months and still haven't found any that fit right.

Jamie Bond
Agent 0.07
Agent 0.07

Post by Jamie Bond » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm

It also takes a while to settle on a new style, so I could see her taking it easy before sharing it on the comic.
"Go get the Happy!"

Mae Dean
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Post by Mae Dean » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 am

So... the truth is, I didn't change my style AT ALL until 4-5 months in. Up to that point, I looked the same, and didn't feel a change was warranted. But when I got to the point where I needed a bra? Everything changed. I literally do not wear T-shirts any more. At all.

nosystemd
Crazy Person

Post by nosystemd » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:26 am

Mae Dean wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 am I literally do not wear T-shirts any more. At all.
A likely story, to throw us off the trail of your unconventionally-worn-T-shirt-wearing martial artist alter-ego!

But your secret's safe with us.

werefrog
Crazy Person

Post by werefrog » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks for the response and insight into the thought process. You are the first regular human (as opposed to another anuranthrope) to change around The Werefrog. Any friend of The Werefrog who made the change was already post-surgery. For some reason, The Werefrog never bothered to ask them, they almost never wear pants around The Werefrog. Not that The Werefrog care too much about their fashion, but 'tis always skirts or dresses.The only exception was a sleepover in which one wore a onesie, but she wore a dress to and from the party.
Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Mae Dean wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 amI literally do not wear T-shirts any more. At all.
That’s a shame. A white babydoll tee can be fire.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

nosystemd
Crazy Person

Post by nosystemd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Nobody will ever expect the blouse ninja. Plus you won't see them when most of her head is covered, but her earrings match her shuriken.

Yes, I have already mentioned this-- but I am waiting for the triumphant return.

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:16 am

When you can show up in jeans and a t-shirt and still get properly gendered by perfect strangers... it's the best feeling in the world. Jussayin'.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.